1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Solder ModChip help

Discussion in 'PS2' started by samsamsam, Jun 30, 2003.

1. samsamsam

samsamsam Member

i recently ordered a no solder modchip from modchip.com and just installed it in my PAL (v7) playstation2. im not sure if its the chip that does not work properly or if its the Swap Magic 2.0 cd that does not work. The first thing i noticed is that if i hold the eject button down now, and the power LED flashes yellow instead of green but the cd tray does not open. Also if I do get the cd tray open at the swap magic cd´s ¨insert disc¨ screen and put in an original NTSC game, after a few seconds my console will freeze (a thin vertical red stripe appears on the leftmost side of the screen).

Is it even possible to play original NTSC games on a PAL system using this modchip? Or is it only for the backups....

please help!

2. psx245

psx245 Regular member

try a different game. if their is a pinkish red bar that means you didn't boot the game successfully. If you no solder modchip lets you read the boot disc than that no solder modchip doesn't have any problems.

3. samsamsam

samsamsam Member

i see. i have tried using Final Fantasy X and tonyhawk´s pro skater 4 but I get the red bar. are you sure this means that there is nothing wrong with the actual chip? remember these are original NTSC games being used on a PAL system.

4. psx245

psx245 Regular member

swap magic disc is only for ntsc

5. samsamsam

samsamsam Member

thats not the problem though. dont worry because i have a special PAL version of the swap magic cd that boots up perfectly. but:

does the no solder modchip and swap magic cd work with ORIGINAL imports? I hear other people talking about using backups or the imports. do modchips let you play with the original imports themselves?

6. psx245

psx245 Regular member

yes, certain ones but solder modchip has a lot better chance of being able to play one than swap magic disc.

7. billz

billz Active member

seeing how you have a pal system it'll be diffcult to display the color

8. samsamsam

samsamsam Member

why would it be difficult?

9. billz

billz Active member

the signal for the tv is different simpy click on ntsc or pal for a more in dept explanation_X_X_X_X_X_[small]think before you speak don't speak before you think[/small]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2003