1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Solder Modchip Question(s)

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Bl00dLUsT, Jan 5, 2004.

1. Bl00dLUsT

Bl00dLUsT Guest

I recently installed a no solder mod-chip on my v5 or 6 (not sure) PS2 and i've been useing the Swap Magic Discs to play 3 dvd backups of mine that work fine. I haven't been able to get my Spaw Armageddon cd-r backup to boot, not even with the CDLOADER 1.0 fix. I boot it correctly but it just won't run. I noticed that it says that the No Solder Modchip doesn't support 80 min cd-r but the Swap Magic does, but most PS2 cd-r backups usually only fit on 80 min or higher cd-r discs.

Here are my questions:

1)This means that I cant boot/play cd-r backups that are written to a 80 min cd-r (even though I use Swap Magic)?
    2)Will a 99 min cd-r work?
    3)Is there a way I can burn a cd-r backup that can't fit on a 74 min cd-r to a 74 min cd-r by, perhaps, overburning?
    4)What speed should cd-r backups be burnt at and with Alocohol 120% which write method should I use (DAO / SAO, or RAW DAO, etc..)? Will the included Playstation 2 datatype work?

2. account

account Guest

3. Bl00dLUsT

Bl00dLUsT Guest

Its a DVD game but they can somehow rip it to cd-r I guess. I have the latest cdloader.

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

i'm afraid cd loader wont help you with 80 min dvd rips you need to use swap magic 3 cd and the toc refresh mode with the toc disc breaker pro v1.1 to boot them