1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No solder modchip

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Mr.MCSE, Jan 3, 2003.

1. Mr.MCSE

Mr.MCSE Guest

Hi! Getting ready to buy a modchip for the V7 Playstation2. Is it worth getting the No solder modchip? (Game Enhancer). I know Magic 3.1 is good too but it requires soldering. Another question I have is: What is DVD9 ready? Can no solder modchip do the job? Thanks

2. Supleh2

Supleh2 Guest

No solder modchips cannot even fathom playing DVD9. DVD9 is dual layer DVD9, and it's said that many games in the future will be on this type of media, there is currently only one on it, slated for release in the US in a month or so. No solder chips are more trouble than they are worth if you take all the time they use into consideration as well as reliabilty. I think there are tons of no-solder mod users here, and I'm sure you've seen a lot of their complaints and problems, but some should have some good things to say too.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2003
  3. stattousm

stattousm Member

I have a V4 no-solder mod and use a combination of either Swap Magic or AR2 to boot my DVD-R games.

So far it has played every DVD-R I have chucked at it. I have a couple of CD rips, but I don't like them as the remove the movies, music etc.

If you can get a hold of DVD-R's no problem then the no-solder is a viable choice. However of cd rips are all you can get go for another chip as the no-solder will not play any cd rip that is over 650mb in size.

4. phatboy

phatboy Guest

You know how you say..you can't play dvd rips that are over 650 mb...some web pages claim that with the swap magic boot disks will allow 80 min cds to work on the no solder mod, so who is lying?

I also feel like getting the no solder mod..but then again..I can read that many people here have problems wiht just plugging stuff in..so..i'm still worried.....but kinda feel like wanting to solder the magic 3.1 disk in myself...is it that hard..considering someone who has never done it before?