1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no solder PAL info

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Leinad123, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Leinad123

Leinad123 Member

im a noob to the console backup scene, and am thinking of purchasing the PAL version of the no solder mod chip...http://www.modchipnow.com/product_info.php/cPath/24/products_id/89... i was wondering what other info i need to know before me trying to install this myself, and what it is and isnt compatible with.
    thanks

2. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I wouldn't recommend buying it.I have heard it can burn up your system.It isn't a very reliable modchip,since you have to use swap magic discs with it.If you are trying to get a modchip look at the DMS and Matrix Infinity products or you can do the no mod fliptop or slidecard method.I would recommend the fliptop since this is what I use.I also heard that there might be a better no solder modchip coming real soon from DMS4,but we will all have to wait and see.

3. Leinad123

Leinad123 Member

soldering really isnt the problem i can do that just fine its just that i dont really trust myself messing about inside my ps2, i'll have a look at the fliptop, ive heard good reports about it,

thx

4. Leinad123

Leinad123 Member

okay so does it just make a tmp file or something to trick the ps2 into thinking its an original? how hard to install is it?

5. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

You just replace the top part of the ps2 with the modified top which has a lid to it.It isn't really hard to do trust me,if you do go with the fliptop watch out when opening the top of it though.It has a ribbon that connects to the reset/eject button that is connected to the top case,so I would say use caution when opening it up.It is also a good idea to tape the ribbon cable to the side of the PS2 when closing it also so it doesn't get pinched.It might sound complicated,but it really isn't.

6. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I think all it does is trick the PS2 into not knowing the tray has been opened using the lid on top.The boot discs mainly take care of the rest,which is also needed Swap magic.The only reason I would recommend you to stay away from the no solder mod you where looking at is it could lead to major internal damage.

7. Leinad123

Leinad123 Member

okay can someone correct me if im wrong...so u install the fliptop cover, then you boot up with the swap magic cd to fool the ps2 into thinking it is an original then u flip the cover up an change the disk to your burnt copy and it will play because u have fooled the ps2 into thinking its an original?

8. Leinad123

Leinad123 Member

would the swap magic work on pal, so far im convinced that fliptop is the way to go