1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No solder (PS2 v4)...playing Cd-r but no DVD-r

Discussion in 'PS2' started by abcdpeter, Feb 17, 2003.

1. abcdpeter

abcdpeter Member

I am getting crazy!

I installed my PS2 v4 No Solder Modchip. The Cd-r's (below the 650 Mb) are working fine, No problem.

But I am getting crazy on getting the DVD-r's started.
    I bought the DOA 2 (platinum edition) game with a rather large TOC (+/- 4.35 Gb). I tried many swap-methods but the game I am trying to play (Ratchet and Clank (1:1 DVD copy)) will NOT start playing, whatever I tried.
    (the game is bruned on a DVD-r (brandname: Princo. Colour: light purple))

Who can help me out with this issue? Is there anyone who had this same problem and solved it? Please contact me with your solution.

Thanks,
    abcdpeter

abcdpeter@hotmail.com

2. lady

lady Member

I don't know if this will help, but try a differnt DVD-R media. I tried 2 brands that didn't work but I found Verbatium does. Good luck!

3. abcdpeter

abcdpeter Member

Thanks for your reply!

Did you have the same problem as I have now? (I own a PS2 v4 with a no solder modchip)

Is the brand 'Verbatium' so much better than other brands? Do you also know if it matters which burning software is used?
    You wrote you used two brands which didn't work; was one of the two brands which didn't work the 'Princo' brand?

I have a lot of questions.... I hope you can help me out with these questions.

Thanks,
    abcdpeter.

abcdpeter@hotmail.com

4. stattousm

stattousm Member

What burner are you using? What software? Here's what I use, no coasters so far...

Pioneer A04.
    DVD Decrypter.
    Datawrite Classic 2X media (grey top).

All games backed up work on V4 No-Solder, with either Swap MAgic or AR2/GS.

Happy burning.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2003
  5. Gx-9900

Gx-9900 Member

Try using tdk purple dvd-r at 1x with nero. works good for me

6. TapZ

TapZ Member

I'm also having problems backing up ratchet & clank.. Tony hawk 4 works fine though.

7. bodul67

bodul67 Regular member

abcdpeter,
    I have PS2 V4 Gap, installed No-Solder Mod and was able to play CD-R backups with no problems. I used AR2, GS2 & SwapMagic2 plus 4 different types of DVD-R media for my DVD-R backups with no success. So I then invested in the Magic3.1 and installed it myself. I can play any backups without a promblem. The money I invested in buying the AR2, GS2 & SwapMagic plus the No-Solder Mod came to more than the cost of the Magic3.1 I guess it's like they say, You learn from your mistakes. Just invest in the Magic3.1 and have someone put it in for you, if you're uneasy with soldering. It's well worth it! Good Luck!

8. 4T2H0C

4T2H0C Member

I have a V4 No solder chip installed. I was wondering if its possible to mess up on the installation and have it not work. My PS2 works fine but I can't boot up any PS2 CD-R or PSX CD-R that I know for sure work.I have yet to try DVD-R. I am using the Gameshark 2 to boot and after it says to swap, i'll swap and nothing happens after I press X. Also the PSX Backups worked on my modded PSX so its not the game copying. PLEASE HELP!! Thanks