1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no solder ,solder, or fliptop cover? HELP!!!!!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jtcjcm, Jun 20, 2003.

1. jtcjcm

jtcjcm Member

can anyone tell me if the solder mod chip requires the boot disk?
    also if it does can you tell me which is the best way to go solder modchip no solder modchip or fliptop and which is easier to use

Thanks

2. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Follow the link in my signature.

3. psx245

psx245 Regular member

soldering modchip usually don't require boot disk and if you want a modchip that uses a boot disk get a fliptop or a no solder modchip.

4. ub2cool4u

ub2cool4u Guest

Yes the no solder mod does require a boot disc. I have both the no solder and the flip top, and I suggest that you go with the flip top because it is easier to use, and the no solder it may ware out your cd tray because once you boot the disc you have have to keep the open button pressed for about 5 seconds and it pops out extremely fast and you have about 2 to 3 seconds to put the other disc in before it closes really fast on its own. With the flip top you just boot the disc, when it is done booting you open the cover and put the other disc in, there is no need to be in a hurry you can take your time. And also with the flip top you can play imports and copied games also. And the flip top is a lot easier to install than the no solder, with the no solder you have to unplug two things that are in the ps2 and plug them into the no solder. But with the flip top you just remove the previous cover and put on the new one. Go with the Flip Top the best place to get them from is www.modchipinc.com they offer a 30 day money back warranty, and they have a contact email address, and everything on that website is really cheap money wise.