1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No-Solder v.4 Help!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Ateahorse, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Ateahorse

Ateahorse Member

ok i just installed a version 4 no solder chip, and then plugged it in and it worked and booted up fine. then i put in a disk and held the reset button to do the swap, and it just powered down, and it wouldn't turn on, so i unplugged and tried again, no luck, so i took it apart, and checked the connection, no luck, any ideas of what might have happened?_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Big 8-0[/small]

2. ediamonds

ediamonds Member

I had almost the same symptons too.
    That cable that runs to the power\eject button that you unplugged (the silver one) that goes into that chip is very sensitive. I cut mine by mistake and had to get a new one. Check that wire and make sure you didn't do that to. I had the same symptons to

3. Ateahorse

Ateahorse Member

i checked the ribbon and it is in functional order because i checked it in my other ps2, and i checked the chip and the fuse on the power supply and they are both fine so i am really confused about what could have happened.

OK Great. i accidentally plugged the white adapter to the mod, and the mod adapter to the white, and then i changed it to the right way, the red adapter. but still now luck, any ideas, perhaps it could have messed up my mobo?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2003
  4. Ateahorse

Ateahorse Member

anyone know what could have happened or a troublshooting site for this chip?

5. Ateahorse

Ateahorse Member

nevermind i figured it out, i blew out the mainboard fuse called ps1. DOH! oh well looks like a gotta go to radio shack

6. Ateahorse

Ateahorse Member

does anyone know what the type of fuse is. its the fuse on the main board that is labeled as ED on it. i need to buy a replace ment but i can't find it anywhere because i don't know what kind of fuse it is, any ideas?