1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No sound after avi is converted with tmpgenc

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by RyanZ06, Oct 19, 2004.

1. RyanZ06

RyanZ06 Guest

2. Spunks3

Spunks3 Regular member

u need to check the box that says output seperate video and audio

3. RyanZ06

RyanZ06 Guest

OK.. but i want it together??

and now i cant even open a file, i was told i had to priroties these right:

[​IMG]

which order?

4. nuclear81

nuclear81 Member

I know it sounds dumb, but if you check the box that says you want seperate audio and video, the video will have audio in it, and you will also get a .wav file of just the audio.

5. RyanZ06

RyanZ06 Guest

Nope no sound on either of them ( the video and audio)

Why would i wana seperate anyway, all i want to do is get this avi to dvd. But it has ac3 which is messing up with codecs and stuff so i get no sound when i convert.

6. Spunks3

Spunks3 Regular member

when u make the dvd files, u need the video and audio seperated...

7. IRQtheCat

IRQtheCat Member

8. Spunks3

Spunks3 Regular member

i am using ffdshow, and i changed the enviornmental settings on tmpgenc, and it still has no sound???

9. NJJackals

NJJackals Member

I had the same problem. Did the same thing as IRQthe Cat and rolled back to the 20040828 version of FFDshow and problem is fixed. Thank god you only need to extract the WAV from the AVI using TMPGenc instead of encoding the entire thing again. Just the WAV took about 2 minutes instead of 10hrs doing both audio and video.

-NJJ

Last edited: Oct 25, 2004
  10. NJJackals

NJJackals Member

FYI... the WAV file made the Authored DVD 4.71GB so I could not burn it with Nero. I had to re-encode the WAV from TMPEnc to an MP2 file using a utility I grabbed off of tucows.com. Burned the M2V and new MP2 with no issues. Came to just under 4GB.

-NJJ

11. IRQtheCat

IRQtheCat Member

Thanks NJJackals. I needed someone to confirm my FFDShow issue.

12. anthonych

anthonych Member

Hi IRQtheCat i think i am experiencing the same problems you got into b4. I had been able to convert videos with TMPGEnc b4 installing FFDShow 20041012 but suddenly all my videos converted have no sound after installing FFDShow 20041012. I tried to follow the steps you described (removing FFDShow 20041012, cleaning the folder, reinstalling 20040828 version, etc.) so as to recover my TMPGEnc yet failed to do so. But to be more exact, i didn't follow ALL the steps described in your post - I follow all but one - "cleaned all references to FFDShow from the registry" as you decribed. It is because i have no idea of how to do it ... may you tell me how to do it?

13. NJJackals

NJJackals Member

anthonych-

any AVIs that you encoded with FFDShow 20041012 installed you need to re-encode with 20040828 installed. Simply uninstalling 20041012 and re-installing 20040828 will not fix the problem. The one thing I did to save me from waiting another 10 hrs to re-encode everything was only extracting the audio to WAV which took only a few minutes. Unfortunately, the WAV put my authored DVD over the 4.7 limit. I re-encoded to WAV to MP2 and then authored the DVD again. Kind of a pain in the ass but took me about 15 min total instead of another 10 hours.

-NJJ