1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No sound after burned DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by galilahi, Feb 4, 2007.

1. galilahi

galilahi Member

I am trying to make a copy of a original dvd video. The movie plays fine on my computer but there is no sound. I have searched everywhere for the answer and I read so much conflicting information.
    Here is the process I went through.
    First I used DVD Decrypter....successfully no error messages.
    Second I used DVD Shrink.... successfully no error messages.
    Then Shrink burned the video using Nero which is version 7 ...No errors
    What I noticed is there are no audio_TS files and I made sure the AC3 2-ch was selected in shrink. That is all the audio selections that were listed.
    Also when I try to play the video using Nero it comes up saying enable Dolby AC3 2 Channel Decoding and it gives you the option to purchase it!
    I then tried to play the video using Win. Media Player and it played the video fine but No sound.
    I then tried it in my DVD player hooked to my TV and it HAS sound and plays the video perfectly!!
    Is the AC3 2-ch decoding my problem for not having sound on my computer when trying to play the video?
    How can I get around this without purchasing Nero's bundle pack which it around $30.00?
    Is this the same problem with Win Media Player, although I don't get the same message?
    How can I fix that problem in Media Player?
    I am new to all this so excuse the ignorance......
    Thanks

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

3. oakland9

oakland9 Member

Ive also had that similar problem, and after downloading k lite, still no difference..except no sound....the dvd has option for several audio options, but yet none of them work after the dvd is read and dvd shrink is used. any ideas...the dvd works fine in a dvd player.

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I have a suggestion which may or may not work? All newer computers come without the audio cables hooked up to your DVD Drive. You could try hooking up a cable to your sound card from your drive and see if this works? It shouldn't need any codec to then play the movie as your drive will now be acting as your standalone when playing audio. I am not sure if this will sove your problem, but it is possible.

5. galilahi

galilahi Member

Thanks for your help.... I found a XP codec pack 2.0.6. I installed it and then I was able to hear the sound in Windows Media Player but I still have problems with Nero player telling me I need to purchase their codec pack. As long as I can hear the sound in Media player I am not going to worry about it playing with the Nero player. I have the newer version of Nero, version 7 Essentials and I hate it....I am going back to my older version.

6. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Hi.

Essentials is just a stripped version of Nero included with the purchase of many burners, as you've found out. If you have a full version of Nero 6, just use that. Version 6.6.0.18 still works great at most everything, version 6.6.1.4, the newest, has some issues.

Edit: added text below

Version 6.6.0.18 can be found:

Package 1: http://httpdl1.usw.nero.com/software/Nero6/Nero-6.6.0.18_no_yt.exe
    Package 2: http://httpdl1.usw.nero.com/software/Nero6/NVE-3.1.0.21_no_yt.exe

or:

http://www.digital-digest.com/~jmet/Nero6.6.0.18/Nero-6.6.0.18_no_yt.exe

Last edited: Feb 7, 2007
  7. ekss

ekss Member

i think my problem is the other way around.

ive downloaded a dvd, at first i hear no sound in my pc but after i installed the codec i now hear the sound but when i burned it and played it in my dvdplayer there's no sound.

what will i do. please i need help.

8. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Hi.

Does the burned DVD playback on your PC with sound, not the downloaded file but the burned disk?

9. oakland9

oakland9 Member

Hi, I decided to go ahead and continue to make a back up of the dvd regardless of not hearing any audio on the pc. The dvd player plays the back up perfectly with all audio included. I then proceded to try and play the back up in my pc and it works as well audio included. I will look in to the audio cable hook ups as well on my dvd drive. Thanks for the help and suggestions.