1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No sound after format

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by lmac222, Jan 31, 2007.

1. lmac222

lmac222 Regular member

A friend of mine recently re installed XP on her computer. Sound was working fine before the wipe out. Now no sound at all after the fresh install. My thinking is the sound card. She doesnt have her Sound Blaster live cd anymore. What makes it tougher i cant help her with my hands as she is 4 states away. What other possible things could it be. When she tries to adjust the volume on her system it says no audio device. When trying to play a mp3, "no audio hardware is available"

so im puzzled, still think its the sound card, and of course she has lost her Sound Blaster live cd, what should she do?

2. tuxbox

tuxbox Regular member

try downloading ac97 sound drivers. works for me all the time

3. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

She's going to have to know the exact model of sound card she's using, then get the drivers from Creative's website.

4. lmac222

lmac222 Regular member

she emailed or posted on the soundblaster website, ill keep ya informed

5. zerubaba

zerubaba Member

This is pretty easy to solve. There are no drivers for her audio hardware. Basically just open up internet explorer chose windows updates, then go to custom install and it will give a list of updates, then go to something like hardware optional on the left and it will say ac97 or someother driver but if you read closely it will say for audio. There should only be one for audio if you read carefully. Its pretty simple. Good luck.