1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No sound after using TMPGenc

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by nojive, Feb 6, 2004.

1. nojive

nojive Guest

I searched around and wasn't able to find anything that answered my question directly. I've got an AVI file (Xvid Video; MPEG-1 Layer 3 Audio), that will play audio no problem. However, once it's been run through TMPGenc (tried MP2 and PCM audio), the resulting audio file doesn't make sound. I tried decompressing the AVI first, then using TMPGenc, but to no avail. I also extraced the audio to WAV with VirtualDub, and then to MP2 using BeSweet. I figured I could load the M2V file and the new MP2 file into TMPGenc Author, and I'd be alright. However, it said the audio format wasn't supported. I didn't want to attach the WAV to the M2V due to size limits. Finally, I used Cucusoft first to make DVD compatible files, and the audio worked fine, but I wasn't happy w/ the video. Sorry for the long-winded post, but I'm lost.

Oh, and I've gone through the codec tutorials on here, and I'm almost certain I don't have any conflicts.

2. teegee420

teegee420 Regular member

If the audio in your avi has a sampling frequency of 48000hz it needs to be converted(unless you've done so already).

Another thing you can do is take the movie with the bad video and de-multiplex the audio with TMPGEnc(File>MPEG Tools>De-multiplex). Then mux the good audio with the good video using "Siimple Multiplex"(again, using MPEG Tools).