1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No sound burning mpg to DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by zoldy, Oct 30, 2004.

1. zoldy

zoldy Member

Hello ... Using Nero version 6 ...

I don't know much about this yet so I am probably just missing something..

when I burn the cd it works great on my computer... when I play it in my standard DVD player I get only the Video ... no sound..

I looked for sound options in nero but there is nothing selectable it says stereo and I can not change it.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Using a lite-on burner brand new and windows xp

Thank You

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi zoldy,

First off, what format are starting out with and what format are you burning with, SVCD, VCD, MPEG, Mini-DVD ?

With some information, maybe we can help -

Pete

3. zoldy

zoldy Member

To be honest I don't know... I loaded nero .. chose the mpg file and burnt the cd... I am a newbie ... please guide me

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi zoldy,

You have come to the right place for that, we're guidance experts. For guidance I suggest our Guide Center. Just grabbing a hold of any file and burning it to a disc isn't really the way to go. In order to make a CD play in a DVD player I suggest looking at the VCD and SVCD Guides for starters. As you have indicated you have downloaded Nero, lQQk at the guides under the CD burning heading as well, they're really very easy.

So that you don't have to go to the guide section by yourself, here's a link to that -

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/

In case you are unfamiliar with hyperlinks let me explain them - when you see something in "Blue" type you can rest your mouse curser on it and double-click it. By doing this, it will take you to another page. In my last post to you I typed in VCD and SVCD. By clicking on these "links" it will take you to a page explaining what each thing was. To add to this, there is a "Glossary" at the top on the page so that anything you don't understand would be explained there. That way, when someone ask you a question you'll have an idea what they're referring too :)

For additional information, I'll show you how to find it -
    Now the following is a little confusing so stick with me - There is a box at the top of each page that is empty and has the word "Search" printed by it. By typing in a request, in your case, MPG to VCD - It should give you some associated material BUT it will come up blank :<(- You with me up till now ? Good ! Now, after you've arrived at that last page, in some very small print, under the heading "FORUMS", then under that "FORUM SEARCH", you'll see "Search options" then "Site-wide search". Heh, heh, Ya still with me ? Yea, I know it's messed up - Anyway, by "clicking" on that "Site-wide search", you'll get a whole ton of information about your topic, "MPG to VCD". I'm sorry it's so "round about" but we do have a lot of information for you :)

Choose your guide and, if you run into a "Road block", stop back and we'll do our best to help you out.-

Cheers,

Pete

5. zoldy

zoldy Member

Ok I have read this information and will read it again ... I just need clarification on one thing... I am burning to DVD.. not CD... are these formats what I want...? When I read them they talk about cd...

svcd
    vcd

6. zoldy

zoldy Member

Never mind ... sorry I think I got it now... me dumb..

thanks

7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hey Zody,

Your first post -

Your second post -

and you questioned me ? - It's pretty tough when all you refered to are "CD's" when you asked your questions, isn't it ?

Perhaps you'll remember for the next time - (Lol)

(and the past comes back to haunt them, Thank you God :)

Cheers,

Pete

8. zoldy

zoldy Member

lol... ya that's why I said me dumb... I am having a tough time with this stuff... still struggling ... I have thrown away about 5 or 6 dvd already...

9. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Zoldy,

Once again, perhaps a silly question but instead of trashing DVD R's why aren't you using DVD RW's ? Then all you would have to do is write over it time after time -

IMPORTANT:

When I wrote:

Now that you've got your guide, YOU HAVE TO TELL IT TO ME - I can't help if you won't tell me what you're doing - read the bottom of this post !

NOW, if you want to stay with Nero, why not follow this guide, me thinks you're probably using wizard or something and not even setting it up in whatever -

Well here's Nero by itself -
    A guide for burning with Nero 6 Burning ROM

A 30-day, free, fully functional Nero 6 download can be had here:
    http://www.nero.com/us/631939541422774.php

BURNING WITH NERO CLASSIC
    HINT:
    First, create a folder for your work on your desktop OR your HD. – Name it something that you'll be able to find. I named mine C:\All My DVD Work\\The Last Samurai sings Swami (off key). Now load your IFO, BUP and VOB files there - make sure they are in a folder named VIDEO_TS written like that (all in Caps) - some programs like DVD Shrink will make the properly named folder for you, others you must make the folder yourself - Nero needs that folder with all it’s contents in order to work properly –

Burning a file made by DVD Shrink.
    If you had used DVD Shrink to create a file on your HD you are truly in great shape. When you wish to burn, use the "File Browser" in Nero Classic (don’t use Wizard), trace your path back to “All DVD Work\ \The Last Samurai sings Swami (off key)”, you don’t have to remember where your work is or if you need to do anymore work on it, it is completely finished, ready to go – –

OK then, is everyone comfy ? Good - its now time for - -
    “Uncle” ScubaPete’s Step by Step, Let’s burn with Nero 6 Guide -

First - Do not use Nero Wizard -
    Please follow along EXACTLY - (might even want to PRINT IT OUT, it'll make following easier, don't ya know ?)

In case you're finding Nero's Burning ROM hard to find (sometimes it really is hiding (Lol). Go to "Start", "All Programs", "Nero", "Nero 6 Ultra Edition" and there you'll find "Nero Burning ROM" :)

When you open Nero Burning ROM, you will be at the “New Compilation” window. Directly under the title “New Compilation” is a choice block to choose either DVD or CD, choose “DVD”. Directly under that click on the “DVD Video Icon.” Then click “New” in the upper right corner of that screen, NOT the main screen.
    You now are in the “DVD Video” window. In the left screen, click “VIDEO_TS”. In the “File Browser” screen, 3rd from the left, trace your path to the VIDEO_TS folder, the one you made earlier holding all of your files and click on that folder. All of your VIDEO_TS files are now opened in the right screen. Click on the top file, hold down the “Shift” key and then click the bottom file thereby hi-lighting the entire column of files. Click and (holding the left mouse button down) drag the entire column of files to the open screen, second from the left and release the mouse button.
    Now click the icon on the task bar that shows a match on a disc, and then click “OK” and now, clear the room, stand up tall and shout out, “Burn Baby, BURN” ! One more time, let me hear you say it, “Who’s your Daddy Now ???”
    Guess what my Friend ? You are done !!!

(Wheeew, now I really need a cigarette)

NOW, STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER ! !
    Keep all fingers and toes away from Ms. Computer. Never mess with the lady when she’s working – it would be hazardous to your health, you understand -
    Go and have your coffee, when Nero is done, she'll let you know ;-))

Enjoy your backup,

Pete

When looking for a guide written by a wack job, shop ScubaPete

BTW, To get to the very bottom of this we need you to write a 2 to 4 page explaination of EXACTLY what you do, what guide you're using what programs and what you do from the first step and all of your settings to the last step - leave out nothing !
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent IV CPU 2.84GHz, 1024MB RAM, 520GB HD.
    Pioneer 107, 8X R/W , Nec R/W ND-1300A, JLMS DVD ROM.
    128MB GeForce4 TI 4200, O/S XP[/small]

Last edited: Nov 4, 2004