1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no sound- can't find right codec

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by czolg, Feb 21, 2003.

1. czolg

czolg Guest

Some downloaded DivX movies show 5 audio channels (multilanguages?), but Windows Media player automatical codec download doesn't work, most likely format not supported by windows (?) Can anyone help or give me a hint, please?

2. FIXIT

FIXIT Regular member

look for a program in the downloads section called gspot it will tell you what codecs you need, the other way is to get the nimo codec pack and install that.

3. czolg2

czolg2 Member

I followed Your advice on nimo codec pack and sound is Ok (codec ac3 code0x2000), THANK YOU so much, now I removed audio with Virtual Dub in order to re-encode it with MP3 and I can't create true "vaw" file, WM player keeps sampling all 5 channels, what should I do?

4. FIXIT

FIXIT Regular member

ok did u succesfully extract the audio with virtual dub???, if you did i assume you did this, under the audio tab you set FULL PROCESSING MODE
    AUDIO->COMPRESSION set to no compression (pcm).
    CONVERSION in the channels box checked STEREO

that should have extacted a stereo wav file only thing i can think of is you set the conversion to NO CHANGE
    I personally have never done this before so its my best guess!!!

5. czolg2

czolg2 Member

I extracted audio in two ways: 1. I tried to make Virtual Dub "uncompress" the audio, when I hit"save wav" the red message"the requested audio is not compatibile with input format check sampling rate and channel count... (5vs2 channels!!)"
    2.I saved unprocessed audio file(still coded in ac3 code0x2000), but when I tried to play it alone without the video after I separated it Windows Media player didn't play it right (as it did with video stream present)and kept sampling/choking (between 5 channels I guess). The CDex I always use to convert to wave didn't want to work as well.
    I tried to record the audio straight from the movie analog in line real time, but my audio card doesn't work for both output and input. Any suggestions are greatly apreciated!

6. czolg2

czolg2 Member

I had just installed VirtualDub1.5 (I had 1.4 before) and VirtualDub1.5 message is "No audio decompressor could be found", yet nimo codec pack had been installed and works with Windows Media player. How to remedy this?

7. FIXIT

FIXIT Regular member

I would get gspot from here http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_tools/gspot.cfm
    just to make sure you have exactly the right codec installed, you may be able to play the file back correctly with the direct show filter but this sometimes isnt enough to decompress with virtual dub, check what gspot says in the audio format box