1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no sound from tv

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by whiskey99, Oct 18, 2014.

1. whiskey99

whiskey99 Regular member

HI, have run into this problem when i am using WINXP i can get sound to my rear projection TV,but when go to WIN7 i have no sound at all the only thing that has changed is the OS'S.THANK YOU

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

check device manager for yellow exclamation marks which may require drivers

check audio options in task bar or from control panel make sure correct audio device is set as default i.e if using hdmi & not normal audio jack enable hdmi audio device

3. whiskey99

whiskey99 Regular member

HI,I was looking for some answers to my sound problem and it suggested on another forum to use VISTA sound drivers right now i am looking for consistence for this suggestion and also maybe buy a stand alone sound card say from TIGEREIRECT,also i were to download would it be a good idea to do a restore point if it bad and not work.

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

what is your sound card? how are you hooked upto to the tv, vga, dvi or hmdi?

5. Mr-Movies

Mr-Movies Active member

It could be the drivers in the Device Manager, it could be the Audio Interface App it's self, it could be a matter of selecting your output device but you haven't given enough information for anyone to even begin to point you in the right direction. Changing OS's changes EVERYTHING, drivers in particular so it will take a process of checking several things including what chipset you have, motherboard maker, what type of outputs and inputs you mainbaord has and so on...

You absolutely should not need to buy a addon audio card unless that is what you wanted to do before this issue.

6. Paul Meier

Paul Meier Newbie

Firstly, the TV built-in speaker maybe has burned instant boot
    Secondly, the inside TV audio amplifier circuit damage
    Thirdly, the TV mute circuit due to internal component damage and malfunction, so TV is muted
    Fourthiy, TV / AV switch (electronic switching circuit) is damaged, causing the sound disappears halfway.

In short, the hardware failure may be very tough, the proposed warranty. Such as the warranty period has expired, please overhaul professional people.

samsung note 3 hülle

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

paul, re-read the poster's 1st post as he states it works in xp but not win7 so is not a hardware issue but a software issue.

8. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Most probably did (read it) & dats wot gogle tranlate cam up with ,half the letters & words missing the rest you figure out yourself :p

9. Mr-Movies

Mr-Movies Active member

Funny....

10. whiskey99

whiskey99 Regular member

HI,I got my sound problem fixed it was as usual simple and stupid stuff with a PC just had to plug in's right now both TV and PC sound works.