1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no sound in burnt dvd on dvd player?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by billylone, Mar 13, 2004.

1. billylone

billylone Member

total newbie. just converted 6 episodes of fawlty towers from divx to dvd using the guide. then used tmpegenc dvd author to make the audio/video_ts folders. i played the folder using windvd, and it works fine - burnt the dvd, put it in my standalone dvd player, and get no sound. only way i can get sound is to change the audio setup from bitstream to pcm. have i made a mistake somewhere along the line, or is this normal? and when i come to ply an original dvd, will it be messed up cos its set to pcm, and will i have to set it back to bitstream again?

thanks for any help, and sorry for bein such a newbie :)

2. billylone

billylone Member

anyone?

3. nisym26

nisym26 Member

get a copy of nerovision express, and just add the divx files and it will convert them to dvd, save you converted files on your hard drive and burn them using Prasi PrimoDVD but make sure you create an empty folder name AUDIO_TS an burn it with your VIDEO_TS folder, its the easy way of creating DVDs

4. billylone

billylone Member

oh ive converted them ok using tmpegenc and put em in a video_ts folder etc - but the only way i can get sound is to go into the settings on my dvd player and set it to "pcm audio" rather than "bitstream" - i was just wondering if this was usual or if i had made a mistake somewhere along the line...