1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Sound on burnt dvd!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Petnic, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Petnic

Petnic Guest

Hi am hoping someone can help me. Ive just backed up a dvd and when i play it on the computer it works ok but once i burnt it the sound has gone!

does anyone know why? I didnt need to do anything special with the disk eg reauthor or anything just straight backup of original

any assistance would be appreciated

thanks

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Make sure when you backup the disc you are keeping the AC3 5.1 Dolby Digital. You could be choosing to keep DTS and editing out the AC3 5.1 Dolby Digital audio. If this happens you will have to have a DTS decoder to decode the DTS audio. If your sound system does not have a decoder then you will not get sound.

You could also try hitting the Audio button on your DVD remote which will scroll through the audio channels and possibly play the 5.1 audio if it is still on the DVD.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2007
  3. Petnic

Petnic Guest

hmm that didnt make much sense sorry hehe i bit blonde lol

all i did was load the dvd ( its a football grandfinal) into shrink and then hit backup just like i do with all the others

but this time no sound.

anymore suggestions?