1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no sound on the movie

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by rolli81, Apr 30, 2005.

1. rolli81

rolli81 Member

Hi can anybody help me I'm new to copying dvd. I just bought I copy dvd 2 I copy the movie but theres no sound on the movie I recorded. Please HELP ME THANKS

2. Ppower

Ppower Regular member

If you selected entire disk all audio tracks should be on the copy. If you selected movie only and one audio track you must select the audio you want 5.1 english, dts etc. Open your burned disk with DVD Shrink, it will tell you what audio you have on the disk

3. rolli81

rolli81 Member

thanxs Ppower you the man

4. Ppower

Ppower Regular member

Glad it's working for you :)

5. eagleclaw

eagleclaw Member

I'm new here as well. I've looked thru most of the threads about different DVD burning problems and there is so much great info here. Anyway, I'm having a problem with audio after copying a DVD using DVD shrink and DVD decrypter. I also have Nero loaded on my computer. When copying from the original DVD, the only audio files are AC3 no DTS. After the DVD is copied, there is audio playing only for the main menu items but not the movie. I know its something simple I'm missing. I'm new to both DVD shrink and decrypter so any help would be great !!

Thanks in Advance

6. Ppower

Ppower Regular member

When Shrink reads the dvd all audio streams are listed, just check off the ones you want to keep. If the original dvd has dts it should be listed. Take your burned disc and read it with shrink to see what audio you kept

7. eagleclaw

eagleclaw Member

I think the problem is my computer. I took the original disk and it only plays in other languages i.e. spanish or french but not english. While the movie is playing, I can select french and I hear music and audio but when I select english there is nothing. I've checked and rechecked my settings but I just can't figure it out. Any help would be great.

thanx again