1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Sound, Picture is Fine, with DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by joshto, Oct 19, 2004.

1. joshto

joshto Guest

I used DVD Shrkink to compress the DVD, so it would be able to fit onto a DVD+R (I used the DVD Shrink Guide). Then, after it was compressed I used DVD Decrypter to Write the DVD to a blank DVD+R. It burned "successfully", so I tried to play it with my Power DVD player and the picture came out perfectly. However, there was no sound to the picture. Why did this occur? How can I fix it?

2. gray916

gray916 Guest

i had the same problem mate, if you get it sorted gimme a shout,

cheers gray

3. bigorange

bigorange Active member

joshto,

Have you tried playing it in a standalone DVD player?

Did you remove any audio tracks when editing?

What is the setting in stream selections?

Is this the 1st movie you've done using Shrink or have you done others and this is the 1st one without sound?

Are you using 3.2 version of Shrink?

Did you auto burn w/decrypter or write to the HD and then open and burn w/decrypter?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][bold]GO VOLS![/bold].Dell Media4600,XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,1024MB,280HDw/8MB,17"flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated5.1 audio,HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn832S-DL[/small]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2004
  4. gray916

gray916 Guest

Hi,

i havent tried playing them in a standalone dvd player, but ive put it in a mates computer and they all work fine on his....

Even original dvd's dont have any sound anymore, nor do my backed up ones.

I think (but im not sure) they worked fine before i used the DVD Drecrypt and DVD shrink. Its a new computer u see (got it at the weekend) and i cant remember if the dvds ive watched recently are were on my new or old computer.

Ive tried a few different ways top copy them. I first use dvd decrypt then nero6.' Ive used dvd decryp and then dvd shirink. Ive also used dvd decrypt, dvd shirk and clone dvd.

When using decrypter it put it in me hard drive as a series of .vob files (i think thats right, im a bit of a novice u see).

I didnt remove any audio tracks.

Dunno what setting stream selections are (if that means copression, it was on no compression).

its the first movie ive done, and it has no sound, but so do all my other movies.

MP3's and .avi and all the rest of it are fine. Just DVDs

Same result every time.

Cheers

Gray

5. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Hmmm...actually gray, my answer was more directed at joshto. I believe I'm trying to help you in the other thread. Go there and see what I wrote and let's keep it there to reduce confusion. I'll be glad to help all I can, which may not be all that much, LOL.

BTW, the mods don't like it when you double post as it's against forum rules. So by keeping it in the other thread we'll try to keep ya out of trouble, OK?

6. gray916

gray916 Guest

yeah, sorry about that

i didnt read who that other message was to

my bad.

cheers

7. bigorange

bigorange Active member

no problem :>)

8. joshto

joshto Guest

I have tried playing it in a standalone DVD player and there was no sound.
    I removed audio tracks when I was compressing the DVD. There were NO non-english audio tracks, so i removed the AC3 ch2-english from every tab that i could.
    How do I find the setting in the stream selection?
    I have backed up one other DVD (The Day After tomorrow), and i backed it up before i attempted to backup this one, Faranheit.
    I am using DVD Shrink 3.2.
    I ripped the DVD from the original to my Hard Drive, and then tried to compress it with Shrink in order to fit onto a DVD+R.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2004
  9. bigorange

bigorange Active member

[bold]so i removed the AC3 ch2-english from every tab that i could.[/bold]

That may be your problem right there. try it removing only foreign audio tracks :>)

10. joshto

joshto Guest

That's the problem, there are no foreign tracks. There is one foreign subpicture (2MB) but there are no foriegn audio tracks.

11. bigorange

bigorange Active member

If that's the case don't remove audio tracks at all and see if your audio doesn't come back.

12. joshto

joshto Guest

So, I should not adjust the movie in Shrink to increase my compression ratio?

Will the movie come out poorly if I do not remove any type of aduio/menu/extras?

13. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Can't you adjust extras without having to remove audio tracks? You can still raise compression or use still image on the extras you want or don't want. This has nothing to do with removing the audio.

I'm saying do not remove the english audio, and i would leave the menu alone too unless you don't want menu function. If that's the case just use the re-author mode and drag from the right to the left only what you want to keep :>)

14. joshto

joshto Guest

So i should replace the extras that i dont want with still images. Thats fine. I want the menus intact as well. However, there is no foreign audio tracks with this DVD so i guess this is the furthest that this DVD can be compressed?

15. bigorange

bigorange Active member

If it was me then I would say yep! :>)

Try it that way, see what happens, if you still don't have audio we'll look at some other options, but i have a feeling it will cure your problems. However, I have been wrong many times before,LOL.