1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Sound, Ripped DVD threw DVD Decrypter, Converted to Mp4 Threw Videora

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by Chee5e, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Chee5e

Chee5e Member

Hey guys..Know you guys are always helping out alot of people. Anyways got me a problem. I ripped my movie The Prestige onto my pc threw DVD Decrypter the IFO I mode,I found my ripped VOB file in my output folder "iPod Movies". I double clicked on it. It plays threw PowerDVD(program that came with PC), It played fine sound and all. Noticed the type of playing mode(Widescreen I think it is),

The type that has the black parts on top and bottom and it has the little part in the middle, Anyways I noticed the middle part, the actual movie was up a lil higher. Anyways I ain't worrying about it because when I converted it and updated my iPod video, It was fine just no sound. Also in iTunes it dosn't have sound.

I think the part where it's messing up is Videora, I converted it threw there. Any suggestions, Or any fixes. Thankx guys. Later on. Need any more info just ask.

2. Chee5e

Chee5e Member

Thankx guys, But I was woundrin' if you could help me make it work on videora ShineDRC, I am trying SUPER right now.. But it's a lil harder to work that I thought. I don't know what half that means. I just selected iPod 5.5G(Thinking it was iPod 5th Gen.) then I added my .VOB file and it's encoding it. I aint sure where it will go but. If anyone has any solutions about making it work on Videora It would be greatly apperciated. Thankx.

3. Chee5e

Chee5e Member

Any Suggestions?? What to do?

4. Mez

Mez Active member

Check this thread out. They mostly use Cusoft?(spelling) however, it has a huge following with plenty of brainpower and experiance.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/253137/2871466-414283

Is this your first conversion? If the software/hardware has worked before I would suspect the source. Try re-ripping with Ripit4me (free) which is huge on the Shrink forumn. It is the smartest software when it comes to marginal disks. Marginal disks can be new with a 'bad pressing'. I suspect half the problem movies posted on the Shrink forum are not in the encryption put are in the quality of the disk pressing.