1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No sound using Nero Startsmart

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by fantazia, Sep 3, 2004.

1. fantazia

fantazia Member

Help I am having trouble capturing video footage on my Hauppauge Wintv 88xvideo capture card.

It was working perfectly but now is not. When I run it under Sonic MYDVD if I run capture video it plays the footage with sound but when I press record the following message appears:
    "Cannot connect to the selected video device. Make sure the device is properly connected and that no other capture applications are connected."

It did not do this before.....

I did install a trail version on Nero StartSmart and thought this was the problem. I now have a full version of this program. This will record but no sound appears.

Help this is driving me mad.........

2. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

How is the sound setup with your capture card? I'm not familiar with that specific model capture card. Does the manual for it indicate you need to connect an audio cable from it to the SoundCard, or the line-in of the sound card?

Do you have the latest NeroVision Express 2.1.2.18 installed?

Regards,

Craig

Ahead Software
    USA

3. fantazia

fantazia Member

I have a cable running from the card to the sound card. Sound comes out when using the other programs but for some reason as I say in the first paragraph it does not let me record using those for a different reason.

Yes I have the most up to date version installed.

4. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

I'll have to see if Germany has this card in house to test. If not, I'll see if I can find it in a computer store around here in the US so I can test this issue.

If I have to locate the card myself, it could take a week or more before I have any results for you.

Regards,

Craig

Ahead Software
    USA

5. fantazia

fantazia Member

Any help would be great. I dont suppose you know why Sonic DVD now does not work with when it did perfectly before.

I know its the competition and your product is much better but I just want it to work.....

6. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

I've never run into any conflicts with Sonic's MyDVD and Nero software in the past, but things do change.

Did you use the Nero Clean Tool to do a complete uninstall of our software, just to make sure that was not the cause?

To be sure, you should also uninstall and reinstall MyDVD at the same time. And reload the drivers for the Capture card.

Other than that, I can not say why or what could have caused it.

Regards,

Craig

Ahead Software
    USA