1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No sound when burning .avi with adobe premiere pro 1.5

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by falcon1a, Apr 10, 2005.

1. falcon1a

falcon1a Member

I have a .avi format movie. Video(23.976fps, 624*352(16:9) mpeg-4
    Audio 132kps, mpeg layer-3.

When I use adobe premiere pro 1.5, I don't get any sound when I burn the movie. Is there a plug-in for this or am I missing some trick in the setup.

Thanks

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Yeah, you probably don't have the right codec. If you get an error there's usually a code with it. Do a Google search on the error code to find the right codec.

3. falcon1a

falcon1a Member

The problem is that I don't get any errors. I can burn the dvd but there won't be any sound. Even when I play the movie in the sequence pane, there is no sound(that's the one to be converted). Funny thing, when I play it in the preview pane, I get the sound - I guess it plays here the original.

Any ideas?

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

so the only time you get sound is when you view it through the preview window? That's weird.

Have you tried any other programs to burn with? Do you have the movie converted to DVD format on your hard drive?

5. falcon1a

falcon1a Member

No, I'm converting straight from .avi. I can convert with roxio v.7 straight from .avi to DVD burn in 4:3 format and I get the sound. With premiere, I've tried 4:3 as well but no luck. I was trying to convert to DVD with TMGenc, but that would've taken 10 or so hours. My preference would've been to go straight to DVD burn.

I wan't to use adobe more and more but can't get past this weird situation.

6. squizzle

squizzle Active member

And it does sound like Adobe is the problem. Do you have the latest version? Do they have a support section on their site that could help you?

7. falcon1a

falcon1a Member

I will run the 1.51 update this week to see if that will help. I am looking into adobe forum, but awfuly slow server.