1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No sound with AC3 XviD

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Coren, Nov 8, 2003.

1. Coren

Coren Member

Hey all,

I just don't get it!
    I've followed the "DVD to XviD with AC3 sound" manual step by step, but I can't get the sound to work.
    the AC3 file I get with DVD2AVI just seems blank when I play it in Creative Playcenter or WMP. Same thing when I play the full movie in WMP. The image is fine, but I have no sound. HOWEVER, when I try to convert the AC3 file to MP3 with Headache, I DO have sound. But then I lose all channels.

What am I doing wrong?

And, yes, I have installed the AC3 filter, I even have XviDs with AC3 which play just fine.

Coren

2. Coren

Coren Member

Let me refine my first post.

It looks like my AC3 filter (v0.70b) is not working AT ALL. The XviDs with AC3 I used to be able to play, now don't have any sound. AviCodec also tells me the codec for AC3 sound is not installed.
    I've uninstalled and reinstalled AC3Filter, but still nothing. WMP tries to look for an audio codec (but displays an error) (the properties for the movie say "audio: unknown")

I don't know what happened to my AC3 filter, it worked fine before.
    Oh, and I can't select DirectSound or Wave Out as default audio renderer in the AC3Filter settings. AC3Filter also doesn't detect any incoming data while I play an AC3 movie.

HELP??

Coren

3. Coren

Coren Member

Re-update

NOTHING WORKS

WMP or any other movie player doesn't play ANY sound, no AC3, no MP3, no nothing. They just can't find the codec, even though they're there!
    I'm desperate, please help me!

4. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

Have you done any changes to your computer before the problem escalated?

5. Coren

Coren Member

Well, I installed a few programs
    But I can't really remember which ones.
    VirtualDubMod was one of them...

6. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

Virtualdubmod shouldnt interfere with playback at all...

Hmmm...have you made any changes to your computer's settings...

7. Coren

Coren Member

I don't think so.

Didn't do anything ususual these last few days.
    Let's see... Things I did between viewing my last "with sound" movie and this moment: Install PJ64 and play Zelda Majora's Mask, use Maple8 to make some calculations, check my e-mails and newsgroups, surf the web and convert a DVD to XviD. That's when I noticed I didn't get any sound. The AC3 file played in Creative Playcenter appeared blank, but the MP3 conversion of this same file did work. Then I noticed none of my AC3 movies worked. Tried to reinstall AC3Filter. No effect. Then I noticed even my MP3 movies had no sound. (pure MP3 audio still works)
    And that's about it.

WMP tries downloading the MP3 codec when I play a movie, and it installs it, but when I play the movie again, it does the same thing all over again. Still no sound, however.

?

Coren

8. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

Have you tried playing the movies on other players besides WMP?

If you demux the mp3 audio from one of your movies, are you then able to hear it?

Have you tried resaving the avis with virtualdubmod and then playing it?