1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Sound

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by luckybob, Jul 30, 2003.

1. luckybob

luckybob Guest

I have recently come across a problem. When I transfer movies to my laptop, the audio portion of the file seems to disappear. I had a Quake 3 movie that played fine on my desktop PC, but once I transfered it to my laptop, there was no audio. I used G-spot to check and sure enough, no audio. This also happens when I download movies with my laptop. I am not sure why it does it, but I would appreciate help if someone does.

2. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

Do you have the right audio codec on your laptop needed to decode the sound?

3. luckybob

luckybob Guest

I have installed every codec I can think of. I have the latest Media player, and the latest divix codec pack. Is there a way I can check to see if I have them all?

Another thing I remebered is that once I copied the file to my laptop and it didn't work, I transfered it back to my PC and it no longer had sound. Same thing with the files I downloaded. They have no audio on my laptop or my PC when I transfer them. It would seem there is no audio, but I know there is.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2003
  4. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

Ok download virtualdubmod and load the file that you transferred from your laptop to your computer. Go into the streams menu and click on stream list. If there is a file there then your movie has audio. Load it into gspot and see if you have the codec for the movie.

5. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

That may not be the wisest of ideas dude. A lot of the codecs have a tendency not to like each other.

Also, give AVICodec a try: http://avicodec.duby.info/