1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Sound

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by wetwilly, Mar 9, 2005.

1. wetwilly

wetwilly Member

I have had problems with the last couple of movies (alamo & Ladder 49). I have used dvd shrink and dvd decrypter, picture and background sound fine but the speech between the main characters is not there, any suggesstions

2. collarme

collarme Regular member

Hi wetwilly

If you're sure that you're selecting the correct audio in the re-authoring process, the other thing to check is your speaker set-up.

I had a similar problem a while back when trying to link the pc to the tv and I was getting exactly the same sound as you. I altered the speaker set-up properties (from 7.1 to 5.1 I think) and everything played fine.

Also, make sure that your speaker lead is connected to the primary Output socket on your soundcard.

Regards

3. wetwilly

wetwilly Member

Thanks for the reply. I was wondering if the difference between 5.1 and 7.1 would let background sound play and not the main sound between the main characters. Will check the audio, not trying to be a smart!@# just curious have you possibly reauthored either the alamo or ladder 49?

Thanks

4. collarme

collarme Regular member

I should have been more clear.

I was using the secondary output from the soundcard to play through the tv and fiddling with the sound settings cleared up the problem.

I haven't re-authored either film, but with the talk going round about some 'new' kind of encryption I think you'd be as well running them through DVD2AVI and encoding them using TMPG just to test them.

Also, there's a program called winAVI that's worth a try- it will convert vobs into mpeg2 (again just to test) and then back again if needed.

By the way, how does each film play on your hard drive after using DVDShrink?

5. wetwilly

wetwilly Member

Thanks for the reply, both play fine on the computer but no sound between the main characters. Weird!! I'm going to download the program you mentioned and see what happens.

Thanks Again