1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No srt subs supported in ConvertXtoDVD?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by rkat, Jan 29, 2007.

1. rkat

rkat Member

Hello there. Yeah, I've noticed some threads about this issue, but it's slightly different and I haven't found the answer yet.

I recently burned an AVI movie to DVD using ConvertXtoDVD v2.1.10 ; I burned it without any subs and it worked absolutely fine.

Now I'm trying to burn a different movie with Hebrew srt subs. The srt file and avi file have the same name, and the program treats the srt file as external.
    While the program encodes the movie in DVD format, I can't see the subs running on the movie... I also can't see the subs in the end product, when viewing the VOB file via Zoomplayer. Does that mean the subs won't work on the DVD player? .. I don't wanna start wasting CD's so that's why I'm asking.

I hate using tons of programs for the same thing, so I thought ConvertXtoDVD would be the answer to my problem... I also try to avoid using Vobsub to permanently put the subs on the AVI, since I heard it reduces the quality.

Please answer my question,

~Ron

2. Fiji5555

Fiji5555 Member

It could be that the subs won't show up unless you turn them on via your remote control for the DVD player. I recently converted a movie with external subs and that was the case.

3. rkat

rkat Member

I ended up downloading PowerDVD just to check if the VOB file shows the subs, and it did, unlike Zoomplayer and WMP. The DVD itself works just fine.

Thanks.