1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"No Stacking Ring"

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Lab309, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Lab309

Lab309 Member

I've bought CD-R in bulk, and just started getting into DVD-R's, and never thought one way or another about a "stacking ring" (I assume this is the little 'O' ring that seems to come with some bulk-packed disks; so much I paid ayttention to in the past<g>.)
    Well, I'm now looking on-line to buy more DVD-R blanks, and descriptions now take pains to point out "No Stacking Ring." What is the point of it? Ad hype? A distinction that doesn't make a difference?
    --jim

2. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

Would expect to find #100 shrink wrapped disks with no spindall. If you tear the wrapping, they'll spill all over. Would be prepared with an empy spindall container before starting to unwrap.

3. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

Wow, learn something new every day. I've seen no-frills CDRs packaged without a spindle before. You'd think they would say no spindle instead of no ring. ;)

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

no stacking ring usualy referes to printable media that you can print all the way to the center hole