1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no subs when converting .MKV to .MPEG

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by 5P1NN3R, Sep 11, 2004.

1. 5P1NN3R

5P1NN3R Member

I have the street fighter 2v series on my computer and it's in japanese and in .mkv format. It's in japenese and when I play the .mkv file it has subtitles. When I converted it to MPEG using TMPGenc there's no subtitles. Should I change the settings on TMPGenc or should I use a new software? Help please

2. shiroh

shiroh Guest

the mkv have softsub (for dvd and svcd it uses bitmaps or a picture format to overlay it on the screen, thus the ability to turn it off, but it uses disc space)(the one on your mkv is text base).
    you can use soft sub on svcd or dvd. or hardsub.
    vcd only hardsub(its embeded on the video).

http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/subtitle_guide.htm

3. 5P1NN3R

5P1NN3R Member

I read the forum and it's confusing. It talks about mostly DVD VOB files. Can you help me with easier directions? Also I want to know what program to use to burn the mkv files.

4. shiroh

shiroh Guest

?
    did you go to the link i posted. if it doesn't pop up. try looking for it under the guide section at doom9.org

the newbie way, is get virtualdubmod and subtitler filter.

load the filter with the sub text file. ( i think it only support srt ?) (its been a while)

then check for synch. go figure :p

lastly use the frameserveer and load it onto tmpgenc or the app you're using.

how to burn the mkv ?
    burn it as a data file ?