1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No swap mod chips

Discussion in 'PS2' started by LoFoo, Oct 23, 2002.

  1. LoFoo

    LoFoo Member

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2002
    Messages:
    37
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    I heard these types of mod chips have a 60% chance of breaking your ps2 and if your are the like 40% then it will take 1 month to break your ps2 rather than right away. I just wanted to know if this is true or not.
     
  2. Dela

    Dela Administrator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Aug 25, 2002
    Messages:
    8,949
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    118
    It depends on who you are buying them off. Make sure you get mods off big dealers and not off third party's.

    The best no-swap modchip can be found at http://www.modchip.com

    It's 100% guaranteed to work!
     
  3. asortiz

    asortiz Member

    Joined:
    Oct 22, 2002
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    11
    Is www.modchip-sbox.com a reliable source, they have the apple chip at very good price. Has anyone bought a chip from them and had a good experience?
     
  4. LoFoo

    LoFoo Member

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2002
    Messages:
    37
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Someone told me not to buy modchips from websites like modchip.com cause they say they are unrelyable.
     
  5. Dela

    Dela Administrator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Aug 25, 2002
    Messages:
    8,949
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    118
    I have the no swap modchip from modchip.com and its perfect!!

    The people you shouldn't buy mod's from are third party dealers as they quite often could break your console!
     
  6. LoFoo

    LoFoo Member

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2002
    Messages:
    37
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    How long have you had your modchip in your ps2? And does it read the burnt cd fast?
     
  7. LoFoo

    LoFoo Member

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2002
    Messages:
    37
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    How long have you had your modchip in your ps2? And does it read the burnt cd fast?
     
  8. Dela

    Dela Administrator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Aug 25, 2002
    Messages:
    8,949
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    118
    About a year now. It depends on the media I use. With memorex, it reads straight away yet with non-labels it takes about 1 minute to read properly!
     
  9. dfgh11

    dfgh11 Guest



    I get all mine from here and have done for a while. I've never had one complaint ... http://www.divineo.co.uk/

    Not too useful if you live in the U.S though.
     
  10. Sirrick

    Sirrick Member

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2002
    Messages:
    15
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    11
    DELA whit what dvd media you have a beter result???
     
  11. Dela

    Dela Administrator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Aug 25, 2002
    Messages:
    8,949
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    118
    Don't copy to dvd media mate! I copy to 700mb disks!
     

Share This Page