1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NO SWAP MODS?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by GlennT, Feb 28, 2004.

1. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

just wondering if anyone can reccommend a low cost NO SWAP mod chip..........basically, i ahve been using my d.i.y. fliptop for, but recently, i have been having a few problem with games that won't boot (mostly due to TOC issues i think).......i the mem card thoign with cogswap loader.........

and i'mm just getting tired of using it (just as i eventually got tired of using that swipe card i made, haha).

so i'm thinking of moving on and gettingmyself a chip.........but i don't ahve that much money.

so i am looking for soemthing that will not require ANY swapping.........so i just put in my backup and boot it (although i realise it's prolly not gonne be THAT simple still, as there are different procedures for each boot type, right?).

i don't mind doign a bit of soldering, so long as it's not TOO complicated......as i already cut a huge hole out oy my playstatiosn top, so i think it's way past warrenty point :)

so yeah, anyone reccommend a good chip for my needs, and somewhere to buy from in the uk.

(oh yeah, i have an old ps2, v3 i think).

-x-x-x-

2. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

well today only FEW chips support your v3

magic 3.1 is REALLY cheap $20 USD

and that about it...

3. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

ok, and that's a totaly NO SWAP boot for all backups, right...........

so where can i get it in uk??

4. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

well search google dude... and yeah it IS no swap chip