1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no swap no mod

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by peterbob, Jan 12, 2005.

1. peterbob

peterbob Guest

i read in here some where about some one using burnwrite and a certain burner to burn w/out boot or mod chip . I tried and it does have an opption for bad sectors , but still needed to swap original first: ie : dont have any mod or swap disc yet. after my first coaster i went and looked at a disc while loading , and realized why you need a certain burner. the inner ring on a original disc boots the game, i think. so what burner out there can burn that ring?

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

not possible.

3. ADEL_69

ADEL_69 Guest

IT WONT WORK YOU NEED SWAP MAGIC OR MOD CHIP

4. peterbob

peterbob Guest

why do you people think so negatively? for a long time people have said things are not possible and someone figured a way to do it. just cause you dont know a way to do it doesnt mean its not possible. any one with any possitive info would be great thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2005
  5. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

People have been trying to figure out how to solve this problem since 1994 with no results as of yet.

6. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

If it were possible we all wouldnt be buying Modchips and or swap magic and the like.

Sure it would be nice But There is a special inner ring on the ps2 disks that cant be copied.
    The ps2 looks for that and if its not there,
    The game wont boot.
    So its not being negative only being HONEST.

7. peterbob

peterbob Guest

my ? still is , is there something out there that can burn the inner ring or reproduce it. thank you guys for your input earlier. but i have heard of a certain burner cappable of doing exactly that, just tryin to find out what it was.....if it exists...we may never know

8. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

The inner ring is Pressed.
    Dont know of anything to copy it.
    Good Luck anyway

9. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

when you insert a blank dvd disc, the burner can tell you who made the disc, what the size is, etc. That is where the ps2 looks, you can't burn over that section.

10. RemyK313

RemyK313 Regular member

Don't you guys miss the old dreamcast days, when playing backups was as simple as downloading the files and burning with DiscJuggler?

I sure do :(

11. peterbob

peterbob Guest

thnx anyway. keep your brains burnin there might be a way 2 reproduce that ring . maybe not burn , might have to be something "different"

12. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

yes, you need a dvd press, but only big companies can afford these. Thats how they make swap magic and gameshark.

13. peterbob

peterbob Guest

i know this allready , thnk u tryin 2 get people 2 use there imaginations, thnk you though

14. Metosky

Metosky Member

Why don't These swap disk comp. make blank disk?
    alot of money in that!!!

15. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

im pretty sure the swap magic people just press their code over an existing ps2 game, thats what gameshark does. they pressed their code over crazy taxi.

16. r0c0

r0c0 Guest

yeah i also think they burned it over a ps2 games , the rings on the back of sm, that happens when u burn sumthing on a disk thats already has data on it ?? and how do they make swapmagic start after the ps2 logo ??

17. peterbob

peterbob Guest

c , now we're thinkin. I think that we might be getting somewere . Maybe force erasing an original and reprogaming it make that your own boot disc? or even better would be if you could burn your own game on top. but that would nt be worth it. it would de better to be able to reproduce or immitate the ring with the boot info on it. Then you wouldnt have to sacrafice a ps2 original. thank you all for your input. We got some of the greatest minds in here , we might be able to figure this out.

18. peterbob

peterbob Guest

well is that it? no more info?

19. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

you can't burn on the disc. You must press over it.

20. marcicano

marcicano Guest

well if the ring is not part of the disk couldnt we just get a original ps2 game that has a ring and cut it out with some sisors or somthing then past it or glue it down to a copyied swap disk. i think that would work. or if there is some type of solution or chemical to take the film off of the disk and just past it realy carful.

u know those clear see through disks that come in the 25 pack of cd's well i was thinking us that as a new sheild, or even better us a cd protector. somthing that is clear but is the shape of a cd would be fine. so if u can phisicly cut out the bad sectors ( inner ring) with out destroying it. u might be able to use that to boot up a backup ps2 swap disk. i know that there is somthing that is sulivent to the film sticking to the disk. if u can take off the film then u can do a diy press. its just a thought use ur imagination. its not a bad idea to do. hell maby u can make ur best friends copys with this method rather then waiting around and paying the 30 bucks. but who knows try it. maby try using a demo disk. if u do try it its for educational purposes only. not to break copyright laws. :p