1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No UMD's working OR my LCD?!?!?!?!?OMG!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by Bigbob638, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Bigbob638

Bigbob638 Member

Alright, here's my story...I just downloaded and installed Daedalus R12 on my PSP two days ago and I also downloaded Super Smash Bros. for it. I then went on to play this until my 100% battery life dropped to 10% (because the app ate up my battery abnormally fast)...Before this I remember my UMD's being able to load, but now the laser eye I presume, just kinda rumbles and makes a screechy noise and the PSP continually tries to load the game when I insert a UMD. I know it wasn't the disc because I tried multiple UMD's.

If that wasn't enough, I then had the brilliant idea to dismantle my PSP and try to examine the problem more thoroughly.....not good. Once I had taken the circuit strips off that connect the LCD screen to the motherboard I tried to reconnect them to just see if I would be able to easily reassemble it. Well I'm not really sure what happened, but the screen would just not work even though I'm sure I put it together right. I could only see the screen extremely dimly when I hold it right in a bright light and tilt it at the perfect angle, but even then it is almost impossible to see any of the image. I guess it has something to do with the backlight or something.

Any ideas are appreciated! Thanks.....

::::::Okay how about this question instead - Should I spend the money to try and fix my PSP or should I just buy a new one?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
  2. ThisDude

ThisDude Regular member

3. Bigbob638

Bigbob638 Member

It might have HELPED me.

But I was following multiple tutorials as I went and I did complete everything pretty well, I think...or hope. But oh well, too late now.

Thanks for the link though.

4. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

If you can find a shop to fix it, do that. If not, I would sell it on ebay and get a new one.

Rough figures:
    Fix it: $50 labor, $30 umd drive, $40 LCD + backlight = $120

New one: -$60 sell on ebay, $170 new from store = $110 You have a brand new psp.

5. Bigbob638

Bigbob638 Member

Alright, I need a firmware 1.50 PSP, but I found one on ebay for $150 (just a coincidence), I guess I'll just get a new one. Also, my town kinda sucks, so we really have like no local place for technological repair and stuff.

If I can really sell my broken PSP for $60 that would be great, so thanks.