1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Video After 1st VOB

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by scrasher, Jan 2, 2003.

1. scrasher

scrasher Guest

I used DVDDecrypter/DVD2AVI/tMPGEnc to recompress royal tenenbaums down a bit using Variable rate VOB compression at 4000kb/s. When i play the resulting m2v file the picture looks great and plays flawlessly. However when I merge the m2v / ac3 file together using IFOedit OR DVD Studio Pro only the first VOB contains video, the rest are just black. Sound plays throughout all the VOBs though.

I figure this must be a DVD2AVI or tMPEGEnc problem since I get the same result with multiple encoders.

Anybody have any idea whats going on? I tried REMPEG2 but it produced a really plocky picture (not sure about whether the blank VOB occurred as I never got to that point).

Thanks,
    Joe

2. Coffdog

Coffdog Member

@scrasher

What was the method you used in IFOEdit and which version are you using? This could be an issue with TMpeg and if so I wouldn't be able to help as I use CCE(Cinema Craft Encoder) but I could look to see if everything was done right in IFOEdit.

-Coffdog

3. scrasher

scrasher Guest

I used IFOedit's Author DVD. But I dont think its an IFOedit problem b/c I also tried authoring with DVD Studio Pro, and came up with the same problem.

J

4. scrasher

scrasher Guest

Small update, I tried reripping using Smart ripper then running the VOBs through DVD2AVI/tmpgenc and the same no video after the 1st VOB came up.

Grrr. It must be DVD2AVI or tMPGEnc. Any ideas anyone?

L

5. khanh007

khanh007 Member

Bump...I have the same problem with Tmpeg.

I followed the guide here...to the letter, but Power DVD wont play it when I load the video_ts.ifo file....

It tells me that Power DVD has generated and error and creates a log...and has to shut down...

http://digital-forums.com/dvd2dvdr/

6. scrasher

scrasher Guest

I recently tried DVD2AVI -> CCE and the same problem occurred with TENENBAUMS.

Ive done many other DVDs w/o problem using DVD2AVI. Likewise I tried using REMPEG w/o DVD2AVI and didnt have the problem (but got a blocky picture), so its definately a TENENBAUM/DVD2AVI issue.