1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no video

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by thefly7, Aug 24, 2003.

1. thefly7

thefly7 Guest

i want to play a movie " A man apart", and i have audio but no video. what do i do.
    i tried to download different kinds of codecs from the net but it didn't work. what should i do????

2. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

Ok uninstall the codecs you downloaded from the net, and download GSPOT. Load your movie into the program and it will tell you which codecs youll need and whether or not you have them or not.

3. thefly7

thefly7 Guest

ok i did what you said. i downloaded Gspot, it neaded xdiv. i downloaded x div. now G spot says that it neads codec with the name: 0x0055(MP3) ID'd as MPEG-1 Layer 3. i also downloaded ffdshow but it did't help. what do i do now?

4. mac71

mac71 Guest

Go to the software section of this site and dowload a program called AVIcodec. After installing the program load your AVI into the program.

At the bottom of the screen you will see 3 line items. The second line item should be the video and all the details about the video. At the end of the information about the video it should say whether the video is supported or unsupported.

If it says the video is unsupported out to the right of the line item is a button that says WEB. Click on the button and it will take you directly to the website where you can download the codec needed for you file.

5. thefly7

thefly7 Guest

i'm confused now. i dont know wich program i should load.. i went to software and there are several AVI programs wich one should i choose?

6. mac71

mac71 Guest

Sorry, didn't mean to get you confused at all. I said that you could download AVICodec from this site and I believe I was wrong. I was just trying to explain what program I use that makes it the easiest to find the codec needed.

Here is the link to download AVIcodec if you want to try it.

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/tools?tool=99#comments

7. thefly7

thefly7 Guest

thanks i found this program! ok now it says that video is supported but audio is not.
    ( Audio : 100 MB, 128 Kbps, 48000 Hz, 2 channels, 0x55 = Mpeg-1 audio Layer 3 (MP3), Unsupported)i click on the web button i it took me to the Nimo codec pack site. what do i do next. what should i download from there?

8. mac71

mac71 Guest

You can download Nimo, but I suggest that you do not do a full install of the codec pack.

Just install the the codec needed, because some codecs and filters with Nimo have been none to cause some problems.

9. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

You need an mp3 codec.

Radium MP3 codec:
    http://www.softnews.ro/public/cat/11/1/2/11-1-2-10.shtml

Also, if i were you, id just download the FFDshow filter and let that decode divx and xvid movies.

Only download the radium codec if your audio doesnt work, and from reading your last post Im not sure if thats the case or not._X_X_X_X_X_[small]Life is but a dream...so wake me up already!!![/small]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2003
  10. thefly7

thefly7 Guest

ok man thanks a lot! problem's solved. now the movie runs well. thanks for all info it's been very helpfull and i also learned a lot.

11. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

No Problem.

12. mac71

mac71 Guest

No problem at all. Glad you got it solved.