1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No xecuter 3 chip detected error message

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by wolf2132, Mar 9, 2007.

1. wolf2132

wolf2132 Member

I have the xecuter 3 ce chip installed. I flashed the bios with x3 3294. everything started great. I setup a password. I copied my console info to a txt file. I then went in to setup my dashboard. I had previous to figuring out how to flash the bios tried to make disks with dashboards on them. Long story short, It looked as though I could pick my dashboard from one of the menus. It listed like 4 of them. All were ones I have tried to load. I figured they in fact had downloaded earlier. I choose evolution. Then restarted console. It went to the xbox logo screen with the xecutor rocks my box at the bottom, but just froze there. I restarted a few times with the same results. i then figured that I messed up the bios by selecting a dashboard that in fact wasn't installed. I rebooted pressing both the power and eject keys getting the flashbios blue menu that comes with the chip. I reflashed the x3 3294. Now when it boots up i get the xecuter rocks my box logo screen but then it goes to a black screen that has "NO Xecuter3 Chip Detected!" in red letters. I paniced thinking I killed the chip. Rebooted again using both buttons and can get to the original xecuter flashbios blue menus. I've tried to reflash a few times with no change. What can I do??

2. wolf2132

wolf2132 Member

ok I got it fixed. When i reflashed the bios i used a bad file. I used the good one and it fixed the no xecuter 3 error. I flashed with x3_1959 and was able to delete my password. I guess x3_3294 has a problem when it boots it doesn't allow you to enter a password and thus freezes. Once i deleted the password I was able to reflash with x3_3294. This time I won't be setting a password. Maybe this will help out the next guy.

3. janrocks

janrocks Guest

I haven't had any trouble with 3294, passworded or otherwise. It may be a bug with the newer chips. I have seen some recent ones with the flash enable/disable switch reversed too.

Thanks for reporting the fix.

4. wolf2132

wolf2132 Member

My swith on my xecuter 3 ce was reversed. That messed me up for a while.