1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nobody's safe with backups on Live!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Dr_Roc, May 20, 2007.

1. Dr_Roc

Dr_Roc Guest

So this is what I have discovered…

After the spring update, my Samsung ms28 with NME-360 1.2 kept freezing up for a minute or so. This also happened to my Hitachi drive flashed with the 2.4 firmware.

It seemed as if the spring update checked if the console was modded in any way, then reported the consoles serial number to Xbox Live, which in turn banned that console.

Even if you not hooked up to broadband but have a modded console with the new spring update, you screwed when you connect to Live!

Bad luck for people who want to reverse or remove their mods. If your console was modded when you updated your console with the spring update, the update will still report back to Live, and ban your console!

So now you thinking, I won’t update my console with the spring update! Unfortunately all the latest 360 game’s like Forza 2 will have this security update on the disc.

So, if you want to play online with originals and you have a modded console, reverse or remove your mods before you plan to update with the spring update. The update will report back to M$ that your console is Kosher!

2. flowfast

flowfast Regular member

thats wrong

3. backyboy

backyboy Member

Ok

I have Hitatchi 47DH and flashed it with Maximus Xtreme 2.2. Its been fine up until spring update. Since the update I have only played my original Halo 2 online. Ive played nothing else since the update "ie no back ups"

Tonight I decided to flash back to original FW and all seems fine. Still no ban.
    My question is " If I install a mod it still runs a modified FW so if I avoid playing back ups on Xbox live will I still get a big fat ban??????
    I think probably not but I need some views

4. backyboy

backyboy Member

47DH Sorry

5. SQiX

SQiX Member

This isnt true as Ive been on LIVE since they banned playing originals with my modded M28 with 5.3 f/w and no banning yet. The banning is checking the discs not the systems. I bet if I put a copy in and play on LIVE I would be banned within 24 hrs if not sooner.

6. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

this cant be right either though, i play nothing but backups and havent been banned. i was on earlier today and playing with a burned crackdown disc and no issues at all.

7. SQiX

SQiX Member

did you update your f/w before you did the spring update cause thats what i did... i been trying to figure out how they are banning people just cause im curious and hadnt seen anyone still playing backups on live so i just figured it was doing a check on the disc or something. i dont think it can check the f/w flashed on the drive tho

8. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

dont think they cant tell what firmware your running. the thing is that the drives firmware was hacked and based on your drives firmware, unless you are on an MS25 drive. they were based on MS28 firmware. your computers motherboard reads what the firmware is on your dvd drives so im sure MS can read it. and im going on the theory of its the games your playing. i havent played an original in over 3 months but i know my time will come. im not worrying about it. it cant be avoided. i dont have the time or energy to take my xbox apart and reflash it just to find out that im going to be banned anyway.

9. SQiX

SQiX Member

yeah im not worried. i figure any day now my luck will run out but i figured since ive never played a copy online maybe that was the catch. im just curious how they ban you, it has to be something they pick up on.

10. kingpin33

kingpin33 Member

well....you can all say oh crap out loud because i have been playing back-ups for over 7 mths with no problem until tonite when i was playing my original rainbow six i was then kicked out of live and i signed back in to be kicked off again.after trying many times to sign in and it failing i did a line check and a big fat message says.." this console has been banned for violations of use" you will not be able to sign back into live please contact xbox.com for more details.and yes i have the latest stealth softmod on my hitachi and it still didnt protect me.i havent lost gamertag or anything else it just wont connect.so the day has arrived and people playing backups on or offline will be found.

doh...off to buy a core.