1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nokia 3120 Problems

Discussion in 'Nokia - Unlocking' started by OrangeB, Apr 4, 2007.

1. OrangeB

OrangeB Member

Hi,

I have two problems with my Nokia 3120 (on UK Orange) :

1. I want to unlock it and have had probs downloading various DIY Software tools.
    Can anyone give me the codes for :-
    Nokia 3120
    IMEI: 355680/00/136142/7
    Orange UK

2. The phone itself has recently started to fail to detect a Network signal, either Automatically or Manually. At first it was an intermittent error but now it is there all the time, irrespective of my location, battery charge, etc.
    I tried the SIM in another handset and it works OK.
    Do I conclude that the phone is definitely the problem, and if so, is this sort of thing terminal ? All the rest of the functions are fine - I just can't send or receive calls !

(Maybe it was coincidence, but around the same time, my wife's Orange (Alcatel) phone started giving similar problems, which were eventually traced to a faulty SIMcard.)

Regards
    J.

2. etowah

etowah Regular member

#pw+217 125 630 544 477+7#

have you tried your wifes orange sim in your phone, to see if the problem is still there?

3. OrangeB

OrangeB Member

Thank-you Etowah.

My wife's SIM is defintely faulty according to Orange and I'm awaiting a replacement. Will try it in my 3120 when it comes. Meantime I have tried my SIM in an old Nokia 3310 and it works fine, which makes me think my 3120 is the problem.

Regards,
    J.

4. OrangeB

OrangeB Member

I'm posting this follow-up in case it helps others.

I was advised by my Phone/Network provider that I needed to replace both my wife's phone and my own. Both were exhibitong the same problem - unable to get network.

Unconvinced, I persevered.
    It transpired that the SIM card was faulty in my wife's (Alcatel) phone, and a replacement fixed the problem.

The problem with my Nokia 3120 seems associated with the phone.
    Once I knew my wife's new SIM card was working, I tried it in mine and the 3120 worked !! I them tried my own SIM card and it too worked !! However, several hours later it appeared to lose the Network and hasn't been able to get it since.

Meantime my SIM is happily working in a spare Nokia 3310.
    This gets me very strange looks from the local kids for they think it looks like something from the museum, but hey, it works !)

Am wondering if it's worth trying to find out what's wrong with the 3120. Apart from trying another battery I don't know any further diagnostics.

5. OrangeB

OrangeB Member

Etowah,

Thanks for the code. Worked first time.

J.

6. etowah

etowah Regular member

you're welcome