1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nokia 6280 firmware update

Discussion in 'Nokia phones' started by billybob, Apr 4, 2007.

1. pazzini

pazzini Guest

You have got yourself a good deal there m8 and as you loved the 6230 then you will love its big brother, although I think you will find some problems especially with reception, random freezing and reseting itself.

Nokia may have sorted this problem with the latest software update, but don't hold your breath.

You made a good choice but not one that I would of recommended + it is a BB5 model so if you wanted to use another network the only way to do it is by asking your network for the code.

Good luck m8 and I hope you have a bug free phone with no nasty surprises (as mentioned above) :)

2. billybob

billybob Regular member

HEy pazzini.

You said you wouldnt have recommended it......but it was that, the 6280 (i have that currently), or a V3X which i wouldnt get in a million years because i hate it.

Oh, or i couldve had a few other phones, such as a SE K800 refurb, but that was only half price line rental for 12 out of the 18 months.

And anyway, when i get bored of this phone, i can just buy another one and use my contract phone sim card right ?

:D

P.S, i have a friend who gives BB5 Codes for £10. Ones that WORK.

3. pazzini

pazzini Guest

I would leave that one! Poor deal

You have / will have a 3G sim which will only work in other 3G handsets, so no it will not work in quite alot of models, so your choices will be limited.

I would love to know how, go on tell me, hahaha ;-)

4. billybob

billybob Regular member

So if i have a phone unlocked onto all networks, my 3G sim wont work in it?

5. billybob

billybob Regular member

Oh, and ill actually give you an email address or something for that guy who unlocks if you want lol.

6. pazzini

pazzini Guest

That is correct (will work with other 3G handsets only)

That would be kind of you bud, thanks :)

7. billybob

billybob Regular member

Wait, define "3g handset" for me.

Like....my nokia 6280 that i currently have, its unlocked onto all networks, so it will take any network sim card.

You telling me that if i try and put the 3 contract sim in it, it wont work?

8. pazzini

pazzini Guest

All (most) BB5 models will accept a 3G sim including your 6280

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3G

Yes it will work with any network, there should not be a problem.

Your 3 sim will work in your 6280 but not your 6230

9. billybob

billybob Regular member

woohoo.

You had me worried then.

Thanks mate.

Oh, and ill pm you with that guys email address, ill have to look him up.

And what contract do YOU have?

10. pazzini

pazzini Guest

You're welcome

Cheers m8, appreciate it ;-)

I was with Virgin for 18 months for £30 but the first 6 months was £15 with 200 free minutes. The phone I got with them was the Samsung D500, I finished my contract over 6 months ago and have since sold it.

I own the Nokia 6131 (T-mobile, and Virgin only), SE W810I (All networks, as I own all sims apart from 3), on pay as you go and will be looking into buying the SE W880I very soon.

I prefer pay as you go to line rental, always have, this way I do not overspend and get a massive bill that I can not afford at the end of the month.

11. billybob

billybob Regular member

Yeh i was under the impression that with my contract i could get it capped, meaning cut off when i use up all my free allowance. After we paid they told us that it was not possible. I couldnt even be bothered to argue.

The SE W880i?

Ill have to look that up.

I have heard that the SE K810i is coming out soon though, and i heard that the K800i was quite good, so its predecessor should be better i assume. :D

12. pazzini

pazzini Guest

Sorry for the late reply I just bought myself an Ipod shuffle and was transferring my music over :-D

If you use all your free minutes they will not cut you off m8 they will just charge you at there local rate (tariff).

As mentioned on page 1 ;-)

I will have to check them out, thanks :)

13. billybob

billybob Regular member

Yes i know this is what normally happens, but on some networks, by request of the customer, the network can actually prevent you from making any outgoing calls/texts if you have no allowances left....usually if the customer is younger and the parents dont trust the teenager not to run up a big bill :p

14. billybob

billybob Regular member

P.S, woohoo senior member :D

15. pazzini

pazzini Guest

Is this is what is going to happen to you, LOL ?

How old are you m8 16,17 ?

I'm an old git of 29, 30 in July (((starts weeping))) My wife says I already act like Victor Meldrew, LOL.

16. pazzini

pazzini Guest

Congrats dude, 500 posts 8)

17. billybob

billybob Regular member

Lol, know i wanted it to happen to me, but 3 were really annoying about it and it turns out they cant do it.

Theres no chance ill go over the limit anyway lol.

Im 16 :p

18. billybob

billybob Regular member

No actually, way more than 500. Just alot were in the non eligible threads.

19. pazzini

pazzini Guest

Lucky sod, those are the best years of your life (mine anyway), so enjoy it, because time is flying and you'll soon be a miserable old git like me, LOL

Take it easy bro :)

20. billybob

billybob Regular member

Thanks for your help mate, ill add you to my buddies when i have time :D

Yeh im just realising they are the best of my life, time IS flying by, and im leaving school soon (however i AM going back to the 6th form), and im just realising how fast it is.