1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nokia 6300 wont switch on

Discussion in 'Nokia phones' started by swift123, Sep 7, 2009.

1. swift123

swift123 Member

Hi,

I have a Nokia 6300, it has been working perfectly fine. I switched it off overnight. When I tried to switch it back on in the morning only the blue lights at the side switched on for 5-10 seconds then switched off again. No other lights came on and no display on the screen appeared.

Please help, do you know what could cause this, do you think I need to flash it??

I am new to phone flashing, if you think i need to do this could you give me a guide and also what information etc I need??

Thank you so much in advance, please help!!!

2. almago

almago Guest

Maybe it is just out of battery. Charge you phone and see if it is all right.

3. swift123

swift123 Member

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I have checked the battery and tried charging it but this has not fixed it and the same problem still exists.

Please help, what should I do?? Thanks again.

4. almago

almago Guest

Flashing is not a good idea and could bring damage to your phone. Maybe you could have your phone repaired if it is within warranty.

5. swift123

swift123 Member

Hi, thanks again for your reply.

I have had the phone for 2-3 years so is no longer in warranty. I really like my phone and would love to get it working again.

I dont really know anything about flashing, why would it be a bad idea? I have a usb cable to attach my phone directly to my computer.

Do I have any other options, I dont really want to have to pay to get if fixed if I can try fixing it myself?

Thanks again, and look forward to a reply, I miss my phone.