1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nokia Dbox2, faulty graphics chip? Green menu.

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by warbspeed, Jan 24, 2007.

1. warbspeed

warbspeed Member

Hello forum,
    I like it in here!...nice & bright...modern (-:

O.k, i'm new to Dbox's. Finding it hard work!

I suspect my box is faulty.
    I've not been able to FTP to it. (though i am computer illiterate)
    Really struggled to flash it but managed eventually using IFA & Null.
    I have tried the latest Sportster Pro & flashed Commando 6 onto it.

Box boots up fine, Sportster/Commando image graphics load up....then menu screen graphics are dodgy.
    Best way to describe it is a kind of funny green colour with a fingerprint type pattern in the background.
    Menu functions & can perform sevice scan, but it doesn't come up with any channels.

The images i downloaded did say they 'do not contain keys or Roms' (meaning?)
    I'm getting confused by all the terminology....I have read somewhere service files arnt needed as box will scan & pick up all channels (keys?) providing correct symbol rate is selected???
    & using someone elses service file wasn't a good idea as it could be from an older image...codes rolled etc...???

Please advise......wish i could upload photo of my menu screen.....save alot of waffle! (-;

2. wiz569

wiz569 Regular member

Hi there
    You dont say whether its a Sagem or Nokia and how many chips it has(1 or 2)?
    But either way you need keys and cams for it to work.I have an image for a 1x chip box so let me know if you need it.

3. zappp64

zappp64 Regular member

the keys and rom (nagra for cable in Uk) are required in order to decrypt the signal

4. warbspeed

warbspeed Member

Wiz, its a Nokia mate (they're all 2xI), so your image won't help me, but thanks for the offer.

Zapp, how do i get the keys & Rom??
    I'm used to doing Eurovox's.....you flash an image (no keys) you do a FULL scan.....you get 200+ channels (keys) & then manually sort your favourites (bouquets) really easy! From re-flash to finish scan 20mins!

I'm confused & frustrated with this Dbox now, i was expecting to simply do a channel scan with new image flashed & all channels would appear?
    If further software is required, does that explain the dodgy menu screen graphics?

5. zappp64

zappp64 Regular member

email me at dboxhelp@yahoo.co.uk

and I will send you a link to download an image with the keys already included.

6. warbspeed

warbspeed Member

You got mail Zappp!

Thanks, hope it works!