1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nokia Dbox2

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by waitsey, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boobooman

boobooman Regular member

madhouse chances are that if you have flashed it and you are getting klein system ifs prob the wrong image or just a bad one what image was it?

as for buying off of ebay you want on thats in debug mode but unless you buy from a uk seller chances are that it will still have the german image on it so it will still need flashing so if you are unhappy with flashing you are best getting a preflashed one so when you just need to scan for you channels or hopefully find an up to date service file

2. FreeBee1

FreeBee1 Member

Can someone help me with my Dbox as all the ppv chanels an the films have gone......flashing ....new images ..?? etc dummies guide please... Im telewest if that makes any odds. F'B

3. humpty

humpty Member

can someone tell whatsoftware i need to flash if any and do i need a crossover cable and where to buy them thanks guys

4. ScouseLaa

ScouseLaa Member

ive found the problem

the channels i cant see are the ones with the KEY lit in the bottom right corner of the inof bar

the channels i can see are the ones without this KEY lit

how do i uncheck this KEY for all channels???

5. Steer

Steer Member

Hi there, I've got a working dbox but would like to update the image on the box to something more upto date (my version is over a year old) I have found the image i want to use, but i'm unable to load it. I tryed to d/l that guide from rapidshare but it does not seem to like it... any chance of a guide been mailed to me?

Cheers
    Steer

6. tam2oo5

tam2oo5 Guest

Use an IFA, how r u flashing it via cross over? or router or the rsj45 cable?

7. bluemoon

bluemoon Member

send me a personal message, with ur email addy annd i'll help u

8. ahart10

ahart10 Member

could u anyone plz tell where i can find a commando 4 image?

9. tam2oo5

tam2oo5 Guest

Ohh dude that sh!t you gotta earn....however i could get it to ya if you find a way lol pm me your email or summit

10. oogster

oogster Guest

Hi Forum.

I'm interested in a DBOX 2 and have looked at the site that Bluemoon provided a link to.

They seem to sell a standard Nokia dbox 2 in debug mode for £112 and the same box with Avia600 for an extra £38. Can anyone tell me what the difference is? I'm really non-technical and can't seem to find anything in plain english that explains the difference.

Also, is it possible to connect the Dbox to a media PC, and record programmes from the dbox onto the harddrive, and watch later via the dbox - ie PVR/sky plus type functionality?

Any help you can provide would be gratefully received. This forum looks great. Thanks Oog

11. oogster

oogster Guest

12. ScouseLaa

ScouseLaa Member

alls i need is a [bold]service.xml[/bold] file for liverpool area!

13. SyLors

SyLors Member

hi bluemoon

i'm new on here i have left a message in the shout box of your for a guide is that the same as a pm. i am not right sure about what i am doing.

cheers sy

14. bigyam

bigyam Member

Hi bluemoon, I've left pm for a dbox2 guide if you could oblige please, as i've ordered one from Germany, Cheers.

15. TezzaB

TezzaB Member

Hi,
    Just got a d-box, one of those from Germany that's supposed to be working, when I turn it on I get an error on screen, someone said I need to re-boot it, how do you get this thing to work?
    Thanks.
    i'manidiot.com edited by ddp

Last edited: Nov 1, 2006
  16. phill2000

phill2000 Guest

Can someone please send me the guides to flashing the Dbox2. I am new to this and have just purchased one and I dont know how to set it up!

I wont post my email addy as I see people getting told off for it, so If someone can pvt message me i can forward them my email address.

Cheers in advance guys!!

17. bigyam

bigyam Member

Thanx for the guide Bluemoon, will let you know how it goes, hopefully get it going

18. madhoose

madhoose Member

does anyone on here actually have a SAGEM box?? if so can you pm me with details of which image you have and any problems encountered, im having huge difficulty obtaining a suitable image.

thanks in advance

19. alanvx

alanvx Guest

hye bluemoon can i have the guide my e-mail is i'manidiot.com edited by ddp

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2006
  20. tossapot

tossapot Guest

Don't order a dbox2 unless you've read a few guides atleast, if something goes wrong (ie you get a Kein System error and can't ftp to the box) it can take ages to work out how to flash a new image(the best image at the minute is Commando 5 by the way, Pm me if you want it,)

Here's a link to just about every guide for the dbox2 (inc the newbies guide everyone seems to be after) hxxp://rapidshare.de/files/34950681/tutorials.rar

Oh yeah if anyones selling a sb4100 or sb4200 modem or has any mac addresses for the west yorkshire area send us a Pm lol

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.