1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NOKIA DBOX2

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by davebrez, Apr 19, 2007.

1. davebrez

davebrez Member

Hi Guys and Gals

i have a bit of a self inflicted problem, decided to scan my box for new channels, didnt set the bouqets to leave current, found lots of channels, but the following morning, got the message no channels found, carry out a scan.

did this, finds lots of transponders 35/35 but no channels,

when booting up, i get a blank screen and a message telling me to scan, if i click right, rather than a channell listed, i get a message WAITING FOR TIME.

I HAVE SEEN THIS SAME THING IN ONE OF THE THREADS, THAT HAD BEEN RESOLVED, BUT IT DID NOT SAY HOW ?

any sage advice - oh there are NO channels listed in the Bouquets, its just empty.

thanks Dave

ps i have never,done anything to the box since i have had it,so please treat me as a complete NUMPTY

2. macboy

macboy Member

Dave need to know a few more things like What Image are you using and where are you based??

You got Skype or MSN if so let me know I will help u as much as I can

3. Tamilmix

Tamilmix Member

i think the tuner is dead. because i got the same problem.

4. macboy

macboy Member

Tuner is a possabillity but there is also fact image me corrupt

5. davebrez

davebrez Member

ok thats for the answers so far, this is going to be long, as i wont ever get the answer if i dont give all the info
    NOKIA DBOX2 2XINTEL CHIP 32XBIT loads with MR DUDE DBOX2(shelby cobra image)then says image type 2.0 loaded 19/06/2005 at 18.30hrs image Headap3 Sportster, but no version number.

had the box a couple of years, had it reset once, due to lost channels NTL/TELEWEST merge. but as i sais chaps moved away.

Lost SkySports 1 the other night, everything else ok, but i wanted to watch the match, so thougt i would be clever and rescan (doh) Lost ALL BOUQETS/CHANNELS.

LATEST HEADLINE,

discovered that when i scanned, i should have set as leave current(doh) and fast scan/manual scan set to off, i set fast scan to on (doh)and use satelite boquets (doh doh)

unplugged and left it overnight in disgust, scanned again tonight, found all the channels, but it froze before i could ok everything, scanned again, no chanels found, unplugged it, left it an hour scanned again , found all the channels,but the bouquet list was like 250 long, with names like nopig35/nedvod34/124 etc etc.

so had a cuppa and a think,went through them all, added the ones i liked to favourites ( which created a favourites bouquet) then went into bouquet editor and moved them into the correct order, spent an hour flicking throgh the channels and feeling rather clever (doh)

unpluged - rebooted- all channels still listed, but get a message error chanel not found, and in the box something like -ITV 2 WAITING FOR TIME .

So its nearly time to open the window and jump.

some observations , when its not going to find anything, it will go upto 34/34 transponders ,and find no channels, when it works it goes upto 198 transponders then starts listing the chanels.

on the service scan, listed under cable provider, i only have fast and bruteforce, only bruteforce finds anything.

i am sorry its a bit long, but hopefully something might click.
    unless there is someone close to stockport, who has the bits to re-image/program it, for a small renumeration.

Dave

6. abbey786

abbey786 Member

replece all the service files with new ones and it should work. or even better reflash with a new image

7. davebrez

davebrez Member

i agree thats probaly the way to go, but i have never done it, it looks a bit complicated.

i would rather pay some one else, but cannot find anyone in the north west

Dave

8. abbey786

abbey786 Member

where do you live in the north west. i will do it for free

9. davebrez

davebrez Member

Stockport, but traveling is not a problem, ive sent you a PM

Dave

Last edited: Apr 19, 2007
  10. Shinzon

Shinzon Guest

I am having the exact same problem with 2 nokia dbox2's for cable. I got a sagem one and it works like a charm. I flashed with the latest images of sportster and cammando with no joy. Am begining to wonder if all the hype about nokia dbox2's being the best is well deserved at all.

Please keep this thread going with your answers and observations as many people are having the exact same kind of problem and hopefully someone will be able to fix it.

11. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Try ucode 001A.

12. Shinzon

Shinzon Guest

Tried that...as well as 0014...even changed the cams. Maybe it's a tuner fault. But I had read a post a couple of days ago where the guy was saying that after he flashed it (or got it flashed), he was faced with this same type of problem and wasn't able to fix it by flashing with other images. So it might not be a tuner fault at all, unless tuners get damaged by flashing.

13. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

You have to reboot the box after a ucode change.

14. Shinzon

Shinzon Guest

Rebooted it. Well actually unplugged the power and plugged it back in after about 10 minutes or so. Still the same error. It finds the transponders but no channels. Funny thing I noticed is that even if the telewest cable is not plugged in, it still finds the transponders (which obviously it shouldn't as there's no cable feed). So I'm leaning towards the tuner not working. Any ideas?

15. davebrez

davebrez Member

mine seems to have sorted itself out, to refresh, scanned the channels, found transponders and chanels, but would not keep them, if i recanned again only found transponders < i had to leave it unplugged for at least a couple of hours< before it would prperley scan

then the following boot up it would display the message no channels found please rescan and when you selected a channel it would say for instance BBC "WAITING FOR TIME"

UNPLUGGED IT LEFT IT FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS NOW EVERYTHING WORKS

EXCEPT
    i have a white spot in the middle of the screen and over to the right it appears on all channels but only on cable so i know its not a tv fault
    i am concerned that it might burn an image into my plasma screen anyone had this

Dave
    ps mine would only scan if it was the only cable feed so i had to temp remove the splitter obviously gave a better signal and if i unplugged the audio lead

16. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

The box is using the transponders defined in the cables.xml. The box find no transponders at a bruteforce scan.
    Try to connect the box directly to your feed without any splitters.

17. james1310

james1310 Member

im having the same problem.When i rescanned it said it found nothing.Could anyone explain what i need to do.Such as if i need a new image and how to do that and how to get service files for liverpool and how to put them on.
    Basically i have never done this before and i need somebody to send me an email of what i need to do in step by step instructions,and what i need to do it as somebody did it for me.

18. Shinzon

Shinzon Guest

I'm connected directly to the cable feed without a splitter. Guess no one was able to fix this problem. Strange though as I've seen so many people have that problem ( which makes me believe that this is a common fault with dboxes) but no on seems to have an answer for it.

19. davebrez

davebrez Member

Last edited: Apr 26, 2007
  20. macboy

macboy Member

If people send me there msn name or there skype name I will contact them and help as best I can.
    Or if people in Scotland and loacted near Lanarkshire I can also arrange fixes that way.
    Postage repairs are an option but can be pricey