1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non branded Ritek ....

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by madmax69, Oct 1, 2004.

1. madmax69

madmax69 Member

I was just curious what kind of results you have had with the non branded Ritek G04 (silver,shiny) I have had a horrible experience with non branded g04...my ps2 wont read them...not even my pc will read them once I burn...probably bad luck....next question.....You guys think Ridata BRANDED dvd-r should work with any version modded ps2?? I have cheapo disks that work but these "G04's" do not...What should I try in the same price range?

2. Djlai78

Djlai78 Member

My G04's work very well in my ps2. Are you sure your dvd burner will read those disc. My burner will not read certain disc. I have a lite on 4x burner.

3. madmax69

madmax69 Member

I though about that too.....but I burned a couple of dvd videos and played them on my stand alone and they worked fine.....these "G04's" just dont like my PS2....maybe I have to adjust the lens or something...Soemone was having the same problem with the G04's and they did that and got them to read....but too much of a hassle when some Prodisc I had read without having to do any mods....I will never buy non branded Ritek from Meritline again....

4. )v(3thuD

)v(3thuD Regular member

I think you mean me heh, i was having problems with g04's and adjusted my lens and now they boot everytime, it actually isn't a hassle, really easy, once all screws and top is takin off, and are accessed to the laser, just simply turn the white dial clockwise, i put mine so the tiny little hole on the dial is pointing upwards, before it was pointed to the left that was default. I did have another backup that booted fine but tha twas a Imation ID was Ritek G03, even after adjusting the lens that stil booted right away and read fine, no skipping or anything.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2004
  5. azn_kda

azn_kda Regular member

i had the same experience with ritek, doesn't work as well on mine too. lol, so i started to used princo and work well on my ps2. it's funny how ritek is second class dvd and princo, a third class dvd. second class was suppose to be better.

6. madmax69

madmax69 Member

Hey azn,

I here you on the Princo's...everyone rates them as 3rd class but my Ps2 loves em....problem is I am not sure they are consistent.and never looked at the id....wonder what they are???..Most I ever bought of the princos was 5..all 5 turned out fine...Go figure..

7. azn_kda

azn_kda Regular member

hey, i love princo, cause it work for my ps2 but also cause the dvd top colour is white.