1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

non modded x box flashing green and red

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by boscoroll, Apr 7, 2005.

1. boscoroll

boscoroll Member

friends xboxs is messed up
    no video or sound when i first turn it on it flashs green then after about 15 to 20 secs it starts flashing green and red and the drive wont open.
    I do by chance have a xbit 1.5 chip sitting here if would would help at all.
    I do know that the peaple who had the box (signal mom with 2 daughters under 7) didnt do any tamping with the unit.
    thanx in advance for any info

2. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

That blinking means there is something wrong internally (well obviously)... I would open it and take everything out, check it all out, and then put it back together and see if it works. Was it ever opened up at all before to say install a chip into it?

Oh, and no, installing a mod chip on your Xbox in that kind of state would do nothing at all to help it....

3. boscoroll

boscoroll Member

have already took everything apart and put it back together no luck
    and the xbox was never tampered with in any way at all
    like i said they are little girls and signal mom even if they wanted to do anything they would not know how
    i broke the seal to open when i got it
    they never even moved the xbox after it was hooked up to the tv just regular play

4. boscoroll

boscoroll Member

well since no one can seem to help i have been lookin as much as i
    can
    i read something about this sort of flashing might mean that bois
    just isnt working
    so since when you put in the xbit dont you have flash the bios
    would this not have at least a smal chance of fixing it?
    does anyone know if i do try will i hurt the xbit chip
    is it possiable for me to brake the chip if i put it in a mucked up xbox ?

5. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

You sure this wasn't a failed attempt to install your xbit? Sounds to me like there's a bad LPC connection or DO point connection or some traces on the motherboard were damaged. Been there, done that with my 1st modchip install.

6. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

Uhhhh no! installing a mod chip on a working xbox is hard enough. Installing a mod chip on a non working xbox is [bold]impossible[/bold].You can't flash anthing unless your xbox will boot up.
    I doubt it will hurt your modchip to try to install it in a fragging xbox but I can almost guarantee that it won't fix anything.

7. boscoroll

boscoroll Member

what about a new hard drive?
    does any hard drive work with the xbox?
    i was looking here http://www.x111.com/bored/viewtopic.php?t=1951
    Scenario 4
    looks like whats going on but there is no mod
    Scenario 3
    is what was happening at first but after i put it back together it
    did Scenario 4
    if any one knows anything about that EEPROM stuff could give some
    info it would be cool
    it does sound like it could help though or is there something
    im missing here that i dont know about

8. xzane

xzane Member

Im looking for a fix for the red/green problem too. Only thing i can tell ya is that i know how it happened. I had my xbox connected to my network thru the nic card cabled to a switch. The switched was connected to my cable modem. There was a thunder storm and we lost power and some how a surge went thru the cable into the modem and fried all my nic cards connected to the network and fried the switch too. My xbox was not even turned on at the time. I first got the message in differnt languages w/the red and green lights and could eject the dvd. now i get nothing on screen and cant eject the dvd. I dont know if this helps anyone figure out a fix but microsoft is no help at all the said they could fix it for 80 bucks.

9. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Well, $80 does not sound like the worse deal in the world to fix your Xbox. I would think about doing that...

Otherwise, take it to someone who knows his shit about electronics and have him test some key points on your Xbox's MoBo to see where the problem is.