1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non- PS2 Hard Drive - Memory Card Question

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by why345, Feb 22, 2005.

1. why345

why345 Member

I have a Maxtor 120gb hard drive with about 10 games backed up through hdloader. I also use winhiip to copy games. I was wondering how I can get it to show up in the browser menu so I can transfer unused but wanted game saves from my memory card on it. I have read that there are some homebrew programs that partition the hard drive to enable this. I have also read that this isn't possible. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance

2. Socom987

Socom987 Guest

you can only see the HDD on you browser if you have the official PS2 HDD that came out with FF-XI so if you use a third party HDD you can't save games file on it .

3. MrJR

MrJR Member

Are you sure? I think there is a way, but I too am trying to fugure that out. Isnt there a mod chip that allows you to do this?

4. Socom987

Socom987 Guest

well I tell you what I know and I got this information for some reading i did and it said that the official sony HDD has a firmwear that let the PS2 show it in the browser . but even if you have the official sony HDD you still need to install the softwear that came with it...:)

5. MrJR

MrJR Member

Do you know if I can get the sony software and load it on to the non sony hard drive?

6. Socom987

Socom987 Guest

no you can't because it not much on the softwear but more about the firmwear that is built into the official sony HDD

7. Dude2099

Dude2099 Regular member

Doesnt the Dms4 or Matrix Infinity make ur HD appear as a official PS2 HD, look into it, im prolly wrong but have lookie to be sure...

8. MrJR

MrJR Member

That is what I was refereing too. I think the DSM4 chip allows this to be done... But I dont want to get into my playstation and have to solder.

Where can I find people who do this?

9. Dude2099

Dude2099 Regular member

Search around your area for modders, ask a mate so then you know if they are dodgy f**kers or not. Newspaper, internet, school :p Thats where i learnt to solder but i wouldnt touch the innards of my PStwo :p