1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

none of my iso's or cso's work anymore!!

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by broc455, May 18, 2007.

1. broc455

broc455 Regular member

ok i was going into my recovery mode and i may have changed a couple of settings but i can't remember what. (and if ur asking why would i? well i just changed the things that when i read kinda sounded like it needed to be changed and i want this to be enabled so i can do this and so on) oh and i'm on 3.03 oe-c

2. faqman98

faqman98 Regular member

reflash

3. silentdan

silentdan Member

It would be much easier to help you if you can tell us exactly what you changed in the recovery mode.If you changed the Kernel to 1.5 than changed back to 3.03 and see if that works.I also would suggest to not mess around with the recovery mode unless you know what you are doing.
    Also i have a 3.03 oe-c psp to and never do i have to go to recovery mode to tweak things in there except the cpu clock speed.Another thing you could do is probably backup your stuff from your MS on to your pc and then format the MS with your psp format feature and see what happens.
    And of course as a last resort if all fails then re flash the psp to 3.03 oe-c.

4. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Does UMD work...?
    try these settings
    in adv config
    plain modules in umd/iso-disable
    excute boot.bin....-disable
    use isofs driver also...-disable
    and also the no umd option...depepding on the cso/iso. if u have a big iso file like 800MB disable it...but u will need a UMD in the tray or it wont work.

5. broc455

broc455 Regular member

o no now theres a big problem i can't get into configuration menu it starts i go into recovery mode to try and turn of no-umd option and i go into configuration and theres no options there not even a back option now i probably have no option but to reflash and other ideas or is that the only one

6. broc455

broc455 Regular member

oh and if i need to downgrade can someone please give a link to a 3.03 to 1.5 downgrader on a TA-082 motherboard ty

7. prodigy47

prodigy47 Guest

i m facing da same problem as u r having.No games worked on custom firmware currently but previously they worked well. i screwed up with recovery menu and i dont remember what exactly i did plz help if u got some solution and i too will help if i get some knowledge ;)

8. silentdan

silentdan Member

I don't see how you can re flash if you cant get in the recovery menu,i would say if you can somehow get in the recovery menu then go to advanced/flash1 and delete everything in there.What that will do is delete all your saved settings and you have to re enter them.But i dont know if this is gona work since you cant see anything in the recovery menu,it almost looks like a brick.I wish i can help you but without recovery i don't know any other way.

To prodigy47: Which firmware are you running on your psp right now.If its 3.40 oe then got to your recovery menu and go to your Advanced/flash1 folder and delete a file called config.se that should fix your problem.
    Maybe if you post your recovery menu settings then i can probobly tell you what to change back
    When you say you cant play games you mean you cant play games at all or just iso's?

Last edited: May 20, 2007
  9. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

His recovery mode still works just part of it isnt working...u could justput a folder called Recovery in the gme folder and in the recovery folder put in a 1.50 EBOOT and in recovery mode theres a option to run that file

10. silentdan

silentdan Member

His recovery mode works but he cant see any options just a blank blue screen.So if he cant see anything there that means he cant select anything.

Last edited: May 20, 2007
  11. prodigy47

prodigy47 Guest

i had a 1.5 psp which i upgraded to 3.03 oec and then to 3.40 oea from there i tried playing psp iso games da first time all 3 games which i installed worked but later only one started working and other games say the game could be started . these games work well in ny friends psp so i guess da isos r not an issue .later i tried reinsataliing da firmware as well as recovering to 1.5 and then again to 3.40 still no use plz help

12. broc455

broc455 Regular member

isn't that for recovering from a semi-brick cos my PSP is deffinately not bricked but if i run that will it also recover my recovery mode?

13. broc455

broc455 Regular member

yeh my recovery mode work fine its just one option in recovery mode (configuration) that just shows the blue screen

Last edited: May 21, 2007
  14. silentdan

silentdan Member

Ok then i guess you can recover if your recovery works.And also if you are going to install 3.40 oe then I've heard that before you do anything else the first thing to do is restore default settings under the System settings menu.Cause if you don't do that then you will experience all kinds of corruptions and weird things happening.

15. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Well, u already have custom firmware so u coulde just reinstall cf...just download the custom firmware maker/installer and the 1.50 EBOOT and 3.XX EBOOT and just reinstall it.

16. broc455

broc455 Regular member

um look i h8 searching for stuff it does my head in if some stuff may brick your psp on purpose and stuff so could you give me download link or a one of your online file sharing thing and put it on tat in a rar file? or just give me the different links in which u got em from so i no that they work

17. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Last edited: May 22, 2007
  18. broc455

broc455 Regular member

ok tats fine i just want it soon because i don't know how long i can go without my PSP working

19. broc455

broc455 Regular member

w8 a sec thats not the 1.50 eboot i only need the link to that then i'll go back up to 3.03 oe-c (and i neva wanted 3.40 oe-a) oh and do i need to set my PSP to default settings and/or format it?

Last edited: May 24, 2007
  20. vcbc

vcbc Regular member