1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

!noob alert! psp help sorry lol

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by darkmuff, Jan 7, 2008.

1. darkmuff

darkmuff Member

Hello afterdawn forum users ,i am looking for a tutorial for my psp slim i have 3.80 im probobly screwed from what iv read .What I am trying to acomplish is playing iso games on my psp . my firmware is 3.80 and i have no pandora battery if any1 can help me please please please...
    well no use begging if the helps there it would be apricated.
    and i know i should probobly be shot for posting this but i havnt got the knowlage as i am a complete noob but as iv found out this is a common problem amongst psp users,well noobs anyway but i am only seeking to get the most out of my psp as any1 on this site proboly is.

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

The Pandora Battery and Magic memory Stick is your only option to get custom firmware to the PSP.

Go HERE and follow this guide if you have access to a 1.50 PSP or custom firmware PSP and use that to create the Pandora Battery + Magic Memory Stick to install custom firmware to your 3.80 PSP SLIM.

Go HERE and use this guide if all you have is your Official 3.80 SLIM PSP. You can make the Magic memory Stick with your Official PSP but will need to buy a Datel Tool Battery or Hardmod your Battery (if it is compatible) to a Pandora Battery.

3. darkmuff

darkmuff Member

thanks for the help much apricated!!
    but i have a few questions can i change from 3.80 to custom firmware 3.80m33 of will i have to go though pandora anyway??
    Is there any software to my solution? i have read about 3.52 downgrader programs and under i have once on my computer but i will need to get down from 3.80 to reach this .."gridlock,d"
    as you can see my problems are numoris and confusing for a noob lol

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

What part of...

is to hard to understand?

There is no 3.80 M33 out yet at this time so you can't go from 3.80 to 3.80 M33. You can only go to 3.71 M33-4 custom firmware. This is only possible using a PANDORA BATTERY + MAGIC MEMORY STICK!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2008
  5. darkmuff

darkmuff Member

Stupid question my bad ...i did not read the answer though ,dumb but easy mistake .
    SORRY

6. darkmuff

darkmuff Member

Ok you have been very helpful so far but can you help me once more ?once i have gone though the process mentioned on the guide (very helpful guide thanks for that!),how do i begin to set up iso games and get though the steps on playing iso games.I hope you can help on this maby if you could post a link like before.i think these questions will help alot of lost noobs aswell because as i was googling these where the most comman questions lol...
    please help !
    also i am just looking over the whole process so i know exactly what I have to do before i jump from procedure to procedure without knowing what to do .excuse my poor spelling.

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Go HERE to get your ISO/CSO working properly after installing the custom firmware to the PSP.

8. darkmuff

darkmuff Member

i also forgot to ask can my memory sitck be formated and reused after i make it a magic memory stick?
    thanks

9. PlowKing

PlowKing Guest

Yes, it can

10. darkmuff

darkmuff Member

thanks!!
    what kind of applications can i apply to my 3.80 psp slim /just while im waiting on my datel tool battery from ebay ?any links or ???

11. PlowKing

PlowKing Guest

You mean homebrew?

12. darkmuff

darkmuff Member

well if thats what its called i have no idea lol,can they be put on without custom firmware ?

13. PlowKing

PlowKing Guest

Homebrew will not work with OFW 3.80..

14. darkmuff

darkmuff Member

more and more im beguining to hate this 3.80 grr