1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noob-Any 2.81 Options? 3.02?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by poppaearl, Jan 9, 2007.

1. poppaearl

poppaearl Member

I have dug around a bit and am missing something I think. I have 2.81 and would like to use devhook and stuff. I know there are no downgraders for 2.81 but I keep seeing stuff about 3.02 firmware and devhook. Can I upgrade to 3.02 from 2.81 and go from there or am I stll stuck until someone comes up with a 2.81 downgrader? I just wants me to play some isos, not really interested in a lot of the homebrew stuff. Thanks and sorry if this has been done to death.

2. paul91

paul91 Regular member

sorry mate but you are going to have to wait for a downgrader

you can only use devhook on 1.5 or on one of DarkAlex's custom firmwares

Last edited: Jan 9, 2007
  3. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

The 3.02OE-a/b you may have seen reference too is a custom firmware that 1.5-2.80fw people can install.

I'm afraid with 2.81, there is nothing you can do at the moment, except wait for a downgrader if 1 appears. Don't upgrade any further though at the moment.

4. blade003

blade003 Guest

you may have seen article about devhook emulating 3.02.

5. grokki

grokki Member

also if you just bought your psp you could return it to hte store and exchage it for a k version or lower that what i did.

6. shedeus

shedeus Regular member

yeah, that's what i would do

i've read of ppl having success with bricking their psp on purpose to return it for a 2.71 factory or lower psp