1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noob Firmware Questions.. Please Help me..

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by nanar, Jul 25, 2007.

1. nanar

nanar Member

Thanks in advanced!!!

I'm a new psp owner, just bought it last month..
    It's a silver, japan psp with 3.03 oe-c FW..
    I bought a 4GB memory stick..
    It runs quite well and plays most games, ISO's and PSX games..

Here are my questions:
    -Is 3.03 oe-c the most stable FW to date?(I play ISO's and wanting to try CSO's to save memory space)
    -I've DLed an ISO yesterday and it doesn't work, any suggestions to make it work?

2. XEnigmaX

XEnigmaX Regular member

The newest stable and tested firmware is 3.40 OE-A, also made by Dark-Alex. The best installer for that is located at the link below:

http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1134

Also, the surefire fix for running isos that works in 90% of the cases I've worked with is as follows:

1- Go into the recovery menu (Hold R while you turn your PSP on).

2- Go into configuration and Disable No-UMD mode.

3- Go back and then go into Advanced->Advanced Configuration and disable everything.

Hope this helps :)

3. nanar

nanar Member

Ok, Thanks.. I'll try it this later..

Can 3.40 oe-a play CSO's?

Thanks again for your help.. I really appreciate it..

4. XEnigmaX

XEnigmaX Regular member

I've never tried playing a CSO before (I don't pirate), so I'm not sure.

5. shodowstk

shodowstk Member

Yes, 3.40 oe-a will play both isos and csos, its what i use :D

6. nanar

nanar Member

I see.. I think i'll switch to 3.40 oe-a in the near future..

@Enigma
    Ive tried what you told me but it still wont run..
    Anymore suggestions? Or bad ISO and just DL from other sources?

7. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

8. XEnigmaX

XEnigmaX Regular member

The ISO just might be a higher firmware version then 3.03. If it is, then it won't run.

9. nanar

nanar Member

Can you teach me how to upgrade manually?
    Coz Im really clueless about upgrading firmware, flashes, XMB's and stuffz..

Is 3.03 oe more stable than 3.40 oe?

Which one is noob friendly? LOLZ..

10. XEnigmaX

XEnigmaX Regular member

3.40 OE-A is just as stable as 3.03.

They're also very noob friendly. Blackvamp gave you a link to a file that installs all of the files you need onto your PSP. All you have to do is run the 3.40 OE-A Firmware Installer from your PSP.

http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1134.

After you have the file, hook up your PSP to the computer with a USB cable; then run the downloaded application.

When it's finished, unplug your PSP and go to the games. The very first one should be 3.40 OE-A Installer. Click on it and it will bring you to an agreement; just hit X and it'll install 3.40 OE-A for you. It's as easy as that.

[EDIT: I fixed the link.]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2007
  11. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

LOL i laughed so hard when i saw this. no offence to ur principles, i respect them, and respect u. i mean no disrespect whatsoever with this. but id like to point out a ironic few things:
    1. downloading ROMS and emulators of consoles and games u dont own is also piracy ( dont even try denying that, we all do it ;))
    2. do u see ur trying to help other people break laws u dont break?
    3. the game prices these days are highway robbery nowadays. it makes sense that for every game we buy we get to steal 2. game prices should be $20 flat, not $50.
    im just sayin. no offense, stealing is wrong, but sony also steals from us. were stealing back.

12. XEnigmaX

XEnigmaX Regular member

1- I'm an old school gamer; abandonware isn't thievery. (Hoorah for Flight of the Amazon Queen.) [P.S. I DO own all the systems and games that I have ROMs and emulators for. This is still illegal, but I find it morally satisfied.]

2- The way I see it: I sit at a toll booth that leads to bottomless pit [no, this is not a figurative Hell]. I could just not let people through and tell them to not head in the direction that my road leads; however, if that driver is so set upon falling down this pit, he'll find a way, even if it's through a less trustworthy toll booth. I figure that I'll just open the gate and save them some time. It's their choice as to whether they fall down the pit or not. [On another note; I've been helped countless times here. I feel like I should just repay the gesture.]

3- Sony made the PSP; I figure that they have every right to control it however they want. I know from experience how obnoxious it is to try and sell something; only to have one person buy it and make duplicates for all of his friends. I figure, even if I could have my friend make me a copy; I'd rather buy the thing myself.

Also, the whole robbery statement is beyond my comprehension. Rather than highway robbery, it's like us bringing bags of money into an old western gang hideout, dropping the bags on the tables and leaving with some of their furniture, rather than just stealing their furniture when they're out plundering someone else (perhaps the Thorner Bank).

As you can see, I'm set in stone with my ideals and I don't know what you were trying to accomplish by pointing out the "inconsistencies" among them. I've thought of these things before and see no fault in any of my actions.

I apologize if anything above sounded harsh; none of it was written with intent of a demeaning or haughty tone. It was more of a "you mentioned it, so now I'll lay it all out for you."

13. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

ok. thanks you for clarifying your points. i was a little confused in your tactics. have a nice day :p

14. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Haha, I found your comments hilarious (not in a bad way).

I agree with XEnigmaX, on couple of points. I do agree sony have a right to sell the games at whatever price they want. If it's set too high, no one will buy, and therefore they WILL lower their prices. (They aren't stupid, despite what many of us think). And the money we paid goes to game developers which will lead them to come out with better games. It's a gain for everyone.

I realize before making any sort of statement that resembles a support for sony, following must be stated,:)
    -I don't work for sony.
    -Not a fan boy.
    -Neither confirm or deny, my involvment in any pirating. But I will say, I run all my games via memory stick.