1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

noob has trouble connecting pc to xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by tmontana1, Jan 30, 2005.

1. tmontana1

tmontana1 Member

hello everybody,im a total noobie and this is my first post so please bare with me.i have an xbox version 1.4 and i recenntly bought a 1.1 spider chip. i have flash xp and a crossover cable.when i try to connect my xbox to my pc im getting a error message saying "connect method failed,no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it" can somebody tell me why this is happening and how to sort it.also what else do i need,ive read loads about dashboards and bios. i think the spiderchip has bios already installed on it but i might be wrong,i also have an xiso creater.can somebody please advise me what im doing wrong and tell mwe what to do next. also where does the dashbord come into the equation?

any comments would be much appreciated

thanks all

2. Ravoz

Ravoz Member

Use Flashfxp, then do this.

if your gonna connect the crossover cable to a router all you need to do is just ur xbox ip to '10.0.0.1' then just connect.

if your connecting directly to a network card this is what my settings look like

[​IMG]

3. Ravoz

Ravoz Member

even when you connect to ur network card make sure ur xbox ip is 10.0.0.1

4. tmontana1

tmontana1 Member

thanks for the reply but that is a bad link,when i go to the website,it says file missing.do you think im getting the error message because my IP address is wrong

5. Ravoz

Ravoz Member

ok dont worry about the picture ill just write it all up.

Go to network connections, right click on ur connection and click properties.

Once in there look for something that says " Internet Protocol TCP/IP" then click on properties.

Now, click on Use following ip address,

use these settings:

IP 10.0.0.2
    Subnetmask 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway 10.0.0.3

now turn on ur xbox and go to System settings.

Change ur settings to these:

Setup network: Yes
    Use static ip: Yes
    IP: 10.0.0.1
    Subnetmask: 255.255.255.0
    default Gateway: 10.0.0.3

Just hook up ur xbox via a RJ45 cross over cable and start up flashfxp. It should work, i used to be in ur position a while ago so i know whats wrong with it.

6. Ravoz

Ravoz Member

ok dont worry about the picture ill just write it all up.

Go to network connections, right click on ur connection and click properties.

Once in there look for something that says " Internet Protocol TCP/IP" then click on properties.

Now, click on Use following ip address,

use these settings:

IP 10.0.0.2
    Subnetmask 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway 10.0.0.3

now turn on ur xbox and go to System settings.

Change ur settings to these:

Setup network: Yes
    Use static ip: Yes
    IP: 10.0.0.1
    Subnetmask: 255.255.255.0
    default Gateway: 10.0.0.3

Just hook up ur xbox via a RJ45 cross over cable and start up flashfxp. It should work, i used to be in ur position a while ago so i know whats wrong with it.

Good luck.

7. tmontana1

tmontana1 Member

cheers for the reply people, ill give that a try and ill let you know how i get on

TM

8. tmontana1

tmontana1 Member

thanks again for that, when i try this if it works can you tell me whats next. when do dashboards and bios come into it. does the spider 1.1 chip have bios already installed on it?

cheers

TM

9. Ravoz

Ravoz Member

not to familar with that chip..

But i presume it similar to the evox, if it is just leave it on the main screen while you FTP.

10. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Before you even install a dashboard, your xbox has to be flashed with a new bios. More modern modchips come with their own bios to avoid this step. Get an Auto Installer (djboogie has his own installer. PM him for it) and then flash your xbox. Auto Installers basically save you time and discs because you can flash bios, install apps and a dashboard all on the same disc.

11. patricktp

patricktp Member

Hi there :)

This seems like the perfect place to ask, didn't want to make a new thread. I'm looking to FTP from Xbox to Mac (OSX) and vice versa. Could someone please recommend the best FTP program and point (or post) me the details needed (e.g. IP numbers, passwords erc.) to connect? Or will Ravoz's PC ftp instructions above work for Mac OSX too?

Thanks.

12. Ravoz

Ravoz Member

I havent tried it on mac, but test it out and if it works then great if not head over to
    www.xbox-scene.com and look at the tutorials.

13. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

They SHOULD work on Mac. I don't see why they couldn't if you have the proper configurations set up right.

14. patricktp

patricktp Member

Thanks for the responses. I have been to Xbox-Scene Tutorials page, they don't seem to have anything very specific to connecting to a Mac and instructions on what information to place in FTP program etc. http://www.xbox-scene.com/tutorials.php?p=481|482|492|#492

There is a PDF file there which when I download, opens up blank. I have found this, with lots of details http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/pc-xbox-ip-conf.php but it seems aimed specifically at the PC. If anyone can give me a short tutorial for how to connect and FTP Xbox to/from Mac or point me to one, I'd very much appreciate it. Also, any recommendations for the best FTP program for this?

Thanks.

15. Ravoz

Ravoz Member

Have you tried using the normal setup..they will probably work on mac..

if it doesnt whats the error ur getting?

The best ftp program is flashfxp.

Just do a google search for it lol.

16. tmontana1

tmontana1 Member

hello ravoz, i tried the thing that you told me to create a network but its not working. im getting error messages saying, "connect method failed" "no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it" the xbox is refusing the network.

does this have something to do with installing the new bios. i have evo x on a disk as an Rar file and i tried to load it into my xbox but the xbox doesnt recognise. i havnt got a clue where to go from here,

somebody please help me

thanks

17. bowler300

bowler300 Member

Hey all.

Thanks to your posts here I was able to get Surreal running on my xbox. Thank you all.
    Unfortunately, I can only get as far as the "Loading Roms" start up screen. Once I see this, it freezes. I have put roms in the roms folder of the program on the xbox, and I have tried them in different formats (i.e. as zip files, as *.rom files, etc) but the program doesnt seem to recognise them.

If anyone could help, I would really apreciate it. I'd like to know firstly if putting them in the roms folder in the directory of the program (which comes with the program) is the right place to put them, secondly if I need to modify the Surreal.ini file (as it says "Rom path=D:\Roms\"), and finally what format they need to be in wherever they must go.

Once again, any help here would be great! Thanks heaps in advance.

18. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

That's because you're putting the roms in the wrong area. Put the roms in the Surreal64 folder (make a folder called "Roms" and then it'll recognize it.

19. bowler300

bowler300 Member

That's where I've been putting them, but still no go. So if I'm putting them in the right place, I assume the problem comes either in the file formats or the file names. What formats will the program recognise and do the filenames need to be anything specific?

20. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

That's because it's in a RAR FILE!!!!

Extract those files from the RAR to a new folder, and use Qwix or Craxtion to make an xISO of the folder. NOW burn using DVD Decrypter or Nero.

"That's where I've been putting them, but still no go. So if I'm putting them in the right place, I assume the problem comes either in the file formats or the file names. What formats will the program recognise and do the filenames need to be anything specific?"

The emulators usually accept the files in .zip format. If they're still not appearing, try pressing the "load" button and see if they will appear (you know, the load roms button in the emulator screen)