1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noob help with flashing hitachi dvd

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by brnhrnt, Jan 30, 2007.

1. brnhrnt

brnhrnt Member

i have the 360usb kit hooked up to my dvd drive hooked up to my pc. My pc gave the drive a letter and it shows it in "my computer". I have maximus extreme 2.3 but when i go to folder x-lg and right click when i go down to "open command window here" i get a message saying "another program is using this file". I have two questions. why does it say that and if i can't flash it that way can flash it thru the start>run way? I am almost there i can taste it so can someone please help?

2. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

hit control start and delete at the same time to bring up the task manager. Close everything that has anything to do with flashing. flash23.bat everything. Then go to start, click run and type in cmd.exe
    it'll take you to c:\documents and settings\whatever your name is\
    type cd\
    you'll be at c:
    then type cd\x-lg\
    it should take you to the c:\x-lg\ directory if you extracted the x-lg directory to your C: drive. If not, then extract it to the C drive so you see a folder named X-LG
    then when you're in that directory flash by typing
    flash23s.bat "x" 1234 exchange the x with your drive letter windows assigns the hitachi.

3. brnhrnt

brnhrnt Member

no matter what i do it still says another program is using this file. i know i don't have anything using flashing flash23s.

4. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Reboot the pc then try. If it was running it shouldn't be upon reboot. Then again I'm sure you tried this already. How about extracting the opa 2.3 firmware again but this time extract it to the c:\ directory
    Then do the command prompt the old way
    start/all programs/accessories/command prompt

5. brnhrnt

brnhrnt Member

i got it to work. took some luck and a break lol. i put my 360 back together and put in a backup xbox1 game but it says that i need a update to play my original xbox game wtf? my 360 is flashed right?